Main Menu

Quitting Etiquette

Started by Hemisaurus, September 14, 2011, 10:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juan11

Thanks, man. Lost an old cat, pops came down with the Alzheimer's, work has never been so busy, blah blah blah. Instead of going full Dinger, I just rode my bike a lot, smoked hella groovy joints, stayed away from the Internet, News, and folks in general, and just kinda "reflected" on shit for a while. Longer than I had intended actually, because it was rad, in all it's fucked-upness.

Anyway, I'll save it for GD, but I've lurked and enjoyed the Jam Room for 6 years or so.

It's fantastic.   Like SunnO))).
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

juan11

VOLVO)))

Sorry aboutcher Pops, it's a brutal disease. I can't even watch people with it on television, fuckin' kills me.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

juan11

How 'bout the Les Pauls, heh.

Thanks, bro.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

juan11

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

chlorpromazine

Right on Juan. Glad to know that you're dealing and doing ok, now back to lurking for me too.

RAGER

Good to see ya Juan.

Back on topic.  leave em in the dust.  It's just a stupid band.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 15, 2011, 12:49:57 AM
Quote from: lordfinesse on September 15, 2011, 12:42:54 AM
Jebus I haven't laughed like that in a while. Thank you guys for that. Spot on, gentlemen.

No time for laughing, get on that new album, goddamn it. Where's Pissy? I need to reprimand him, too!  ;D ;D ;D

I pulled out all my fingernails for this only to realize that my own personal pyramid was a pile of leaves full of catshit. Had to drain my wife's life savings to keep myself buried in good weed. I must begin my journey before it surely ends. And I promise you it will. I told my yogi ( prior to the restraining order) that I was trying to reach zen. She said i shouldn't be reaching for it. I love her for saying that with such depth, as she dialed the last digit for 911.
Her journey is hers alone... For it is not un-bound to science fact. I can't see you at all.
Vinyls.   deal.

Danny G

DO give the band notice if you have decided to quit if they have gigs lined up. 6-8 weeks is a good amount of time for you to cover until they find a sub/replacement.

DON'T quit the band after a 3 hour practice while on the way to load in for that night's gig, with gigs the next 3 nights.
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Pissy on September 15, 2011, 02:49:41 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on September 15, 2011, 12:49:57 AM
Quote from: lordfinesse on September 15, 2011, 12:42:54 AM
Jebus I haven't laughed like that in a while. Thank you guys for that. Spot on, gentlemen.

No time for laughing, get on that new album, goddamn it. Where's Pissy? I need to reprimand him, too!  ;D ;D ;D

I pulled out all my fingernails for this only to realize that my own personal pyramid was a pile of leaves full of catshit. Had to drain my wife's life savings to keep myself buried in good weed. I must begin my journey before it surely ends. And I promise you it will. I told my yogi ( prior to the restraining order) that I was trying to reach zen. She said i shouldn't be reaching for it. I love her for saying that with such depth, as she dialed the last digit for 911.
Her journey is hers alone... For it is not un-bound to science fact. I can't see you at all.

My hero.

sent from Mortlock's mom's laptop...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Chovie D

Ive had two people in two differnt bands in the past couple years...wait until we are done with a two hour practice and THEN announce they are leaving the band. I would ask kindly that you do NOT do this, as youve now juts completely wasted two hours of our time and hauled us out to the jam spot for fucking nothing. send us an email the day before practice.

also...dont be afraid to quit or fire me via email. I fucking prefer it! Everyones like "you gotta be a man and tell em to their faces"...fuck that shit. tell me via email, its my prefered method of communication and i compose and review(but never for spelling) my thoughts before telling you to fuck off.

Hemisaurus

I'd say you got to be a man, and tell them, somehow, someway, just so they know to fucking replace you, or say fuck it, we don't need a drummer/bassist/guitarist we can use a drum machine/octaver/cardboard cutout of a flaccid penis instead.

Metal and Beer

Do things the right way

Don't do things the wrong way
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Lumpy

Quitters never win, and winners never quit.

::)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

justJon

Octavers make perfectly adequate, if not exciting, bass players.
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

Lumpy

Quote from: justJon on September 15, 2011, 11:22:56 PM

Simmer down, Ringo.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

justJon

A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

grimniggzy

Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 15, 2011, 04:53:44 PM
I'd say you got to be a man, and tell them, somehow, someway, just so they know to fucking replace you, or say fuck it, we don't need a drummer/bassist/guitarist we can use a drum machine/octaver/cardboard cutout of a flaccid penis instead.

I'd say you gotta be the man to beat the man

Discö Rice

Quote from: Lumpy on September 15, 2011, 11:42:52 PM

Simmer down, Ringo.

^^He uses an octave pedal on his bass to cover the guitar range, too. Lump-Dogg stands alone.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Discö Rice on September 16, 2011, 11:57:49 AM
Quote from: Lumpy on September 15, 2011, 11:42:52 PM

Simmer down, Ringo.

^^He uses an octave pedal on his bass to cover the guitar range, too. Lump-Dogg stands alone.

Perhaps it's the smell?

Discö Rice

He smells like sweet cream and his ass tastes like a passionfruit smoothie.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Discö Rice on September 16, 2011, 01:42:12 PM
He smells like sweet cream and his ass tastes like a passionfruit smoothie.

Look at you defending your man!

HOW SWEET!

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.