American Horror Story

Started by demon gal, September 26, 2011, 02:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demon gal

EaterofBirds

They gave why the maid looks differently in last nights episode, as she is seen how the male perceives her to be, or something to that effect. Can't be sure about too much else, as it gets a bit confusing. Whats the deal with the burnt guy again? I cant be sure is he's a ghost or whatnot, but if everyones a ghost, how can they interact the way they are with people and be seen by all (least Im pretty sure everyone sees them). Some things need to be 'tied' together soon, and I have faith they will. Maybe they have something good up their sleeve for the Halloween week episode.

Havent been able to figure out the latex guy, who hasnt been back in awhile or the down syndrome daughter, who was there every 5 minutes in the first few, now havent seen her in a bit. I think this may be the problem with throwing too much out there in the first few episodes...you start wondering where and how everything works together down the road, or at least I do

oh..and Connie Britton is turning me the fuck on.

EaterofBirds

Heres a good synopsis of last nights episode, which frankly..I needed.

SPOILERS, for those that havent seen it yet.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/American-Horror-Story-Watch-Episode-3-Murder-House-36221.html

demon gal

QuoteThey gave why the maid looks differently in last nights episode, as she is seen how the male perceives her to be, or something to that effect.

But if she died at a young age how could she be aging after death? I guess that's the cool thing about ghosts you can give them any ability in the world because they're ghosts.

QuoteWhats the deal with the burnt guy again? I cant be sure is he's a ghost or whatnot,

He was one of the people that lived in the house. He set his wife and two kids on fire. That's how he got burned. He said he recently got out of prison and is dying of brain cancer so I presume he is not a ghost.

Quotebut if everyone's a ghost, how can they interact the way they are with people and be seen by all (least Im pretty sure everyone sees them). Some things need to be 'tied' together soon, and I have faith they will. Maybe they have something good up their sleeve for the Halloween week episode.

The more they tie together the more mysteries the create. I like that about the show.

QuoteHaven't been able to figure out the latex guy, who hasn't been back in awhile or the down syndrome daughter, who was there every 5 minutes in the first few, now haven't seen her in a bit.

I think they're bringing the latex suit back next week. I wonder if it's that ghost kid that is hanging out with the daughter.

QuoteI think this may be the problem with throwing too much out there in the first few episodes...you start wondering where and how everything works together down the road, or at least I do

I read that a lot of tie-ins to the show are in the opening credits, you have to pay attention to that if you want some spoilers. It shows what happened to all the families that lived there in the past.

Jor el

Looks like it's too easy to turn this into Lost type bullshit.

Is she a ghost maid, or a maid ghost??

The burn guy looks too much like the burned retard from Land of the Dead.
What Would Scooby Do ?

EaterofBirds

Quote from: demon gal on October 20, 2011, 11:13:09 AM
QuoteThey gave why the maid looks differently in last nights episode, as she is seen how the male perceives her to be, or something to that effect.

But if she died at a young age how could she be aging after death? I guess that's the cool thing about ghosts you can give them any ability in the world because they're ghosts.

QuoteWhats the deal with the burnt guy again? I cant be sure is he's a ghost or whatnot,

He was one of the people that lived in the house. He set his wife and two kids on fire. That's how he got burned. He said he recently got out of prison and is dying of brain cancer so I presume he is not a ghost.

Quotebut if everyone's a ghost, how can they interact the way they are with people and be seen by all (least Im pretty sure everyone sees them). Some things need to be 'tied' together soon, and I have faith they will. Maybe they have something good up their sleeve for the Halloween week episode.

The more they tie together the more mysteries the create. I like that about the show.

QuoteHaven't been able to figure out the latex guy, who hasn't been back in awhile or the down syndrome daughter, who was there every 5 minutes in the first few, now haven't seen her in a bit.

I think they're bringing the latex suit back next week. I wonder if it's that ghost kid that is hanging out with the daughter.

QuoteI think this may be the problem with throwing too much out there in the first few episodes...you start wondering where and how everything works together down the road, or at least I do

I read that a lot of tie-ins to the show are in the opening credits, you have to pay attention to that if you want some spoilers. It shows what happened to all the families that lived there in the past.

Thanks M--I was distracted for about 15 minutes in the first one, on the phone..so that kind of cleared things up with the burnt guy. I say, to the haters, give it a chance, this one seems all the much more smartly written than that Lost shitfest.

oh, and Connie Britton is still hot

demon gal

Last night's episode kind of blew. I need more gaping head wounds and less domestic drama.

The Shocker

I guess I don't watch the show closely enough, but what the fuck is going on?  I feel like they need to explain a little bit of what's going on or people (me) will start tuning out.

demon gal

Really? I usually have a major problem with shows that leave too many mysteries and cliff hangers but this one I seem to be getting. What's confusing you my friend?

The Shocker

Well first off I half watch every show nowadays because I'm on the infernets.  Granted I haven't watched last nights episode, but last week seemed to jump back and forth in time so much I got lost.  So dude really did kill his affair chick?  Did the burned guy really help him or is he not real?  And the cop looking for the missing girl - that was one of the home invaders, right?  Did he say he found her later?  I thought she was dead.

demon gal

I'm 99% sure the burn guy is a living person because he's not stuck on the property like the ghosts are  (however, as the story progresses this could change ) and yes the burn guy really did kill that crazy prego chick and they built a gazebo over her grave which already contained the body of the maid who was murdered by Constance. Burn guy is now blackmailing the hubby.

The cop was also real, not a home invader; he was not looking for the hubby's lover he was looking for a missing patient who tried to commit suicide during her session. Dylan McDermott was drugged by his ghost maid so when he saw her cleaning up the blood he didn't know if he killed his patient or not. It was just another stress layer added to his story line.

The Shocker

Thanks so the missing person cop was not looking for one of the home invaders?  Was he looking for the black woman?  I just read an interview with one of the creators of the show that explained some things.  I can link it if you'd like to read it, but it does contain spoilers.

demon gal

Yes it was that lady, the boring one. She tried to kill herself because her psychiatrist was zoning out while she was talking about how boring everyone finds her.

I don't mind spoilers. Post the link please.

EaterofBirds

last night revealed alot..Halloween = night the dead shall walk freely

everyone came out of the woodwork last night. this show kind of rules. now that Walking Dead kind of blows, this and Sons of Anarchy are the ones I look forward to the most.

well..til Hell on Wheels starts. That one looks good.

Next Sunday is the Iron Chef Big Deals show premiere, so WD will now fall victim of the DVR and be watched when there absofuckinglutly nothing else on.

demon gal

Yup there were some answers last night however the episode wasn't all that scary. They made the ghosts too human last night. I get that they get to walk among the living and I actually enjoyed the part where the daughter's boyfriend got all happy about being able to go to the park, which was kind of cute.

I'm getting a little sick of that horrible marriage and that troublesome fetus. Does she have to have a pregnancy scare every fricken episode? 

Jor el

General Hospital, but with ghostseses.

Looks like I won't need to concern myself with this show no mores, because Directv is dropping FX.
What Would Scooby Do ?

demon gal

NOOOOOOO you can't quit on me now dammit.  :'(

Jor el

I'm confused.
Is the dog a ghost?
What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

demon gal

Damn you deaner, you and your shitty tooth stole my smart ass answer.

The Shocker

I do have to say I'm enjoying the show more now that I understand the house's ghost rules.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

demon gal

Fuck Jor el if you don't like it then stop watching it already. I'm sure there's some beard show on at that time you can be watching instead.

Jor el

If Beard Wars were ghostesses, it would be awesome.
What Would Scooby Do ?