Started by VOLVO))), September 28, 2011, 11:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Derelict78 on September 29, 2011, 05:19:01 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on September 29, 2011, 08:29:45 AM
The great state of Florida!

/sargasm
Well shit im moving to Pensacola in 4 months ill have to look you up

I'm in Tallahassee, about three hours away.

And Roger, you'd be surprised how many of these fucks don't have ANY insurance at all.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Metal and Beer

One benefit to growing up poor as fuck with fifteen-dollar Teiscos is you learn to set up your own shit.

Edit: +10 for "sargasm"...well done !
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

VOLVO)))

Sorry to keep touching this (that's what she said, nyuk nyuk nyuk,) but I've had people refuse to take their expensive as shit instruments elsewhere after talking to me about them. I have this Doctor buddy, Big money doctor, who has this set of matching Les Pauls, old Les Pauls, They're great, GREAT guitars, He waited two years a piece for each one. One day he was having some issues with one of them, saying it wasn't playing like it was supposed to. I said I'd take a look at it, he was reluctant at first. I changed a few things, tuned it, and handed it back. He loved it. He gave me the other one to do the same shit to. He brings them to me every couple months now, and leaves them for almost a month while he goes abroad working. I asked him, just for shits and giggles what they were worth and he said he could buy a brand new car with each one, fully loaded. I almost shit myself. These are guitars I'm just sitting in the house playing, and they're worth the down payment on the house.

Same guy has two guitars that hang out with me all the time, a custom shop Eric Johnson strat that he said "needs some mojo," which meant he wants me to play it and give it some character. He also leaves this black SG with me when we hang out, for months at a time. They're awesome.

All of his buddies use me, free of charge because they always bring me awesome shit to fiddle with.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

What the hell does a "blues doctor" need mojo for? So he can sound like a more middle aged Clapton, as opposed to a geriatric, neutered Clapton?
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Metal and Beer

From a financial standpoint, it appears I've been shortsighted in assuming all guitarists/musicians learned to do their own work out of necessity/poverty...I might be able to make a buck here or there    :P
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 29, 2011, 06:10:14 PM
Sorry to keep touching this (that's what she said, nyuk nyuk nyuk,) but I've had people refuse to take their expensive as shit instruments elsewhere after talking to me about them. I have this Doctor buddy, Big money doctor, who has this set of matching Les Pauls, old Les Pauls, They're great, GREAT guitars, He waited two years a piece for each one. One day he was having some issues with one of them, saying it wasn't playing like it was supposed to. I said I'd take a look at it, he was reluctant at first. I changed a few things, tuned it, and handed it back. He loved it. He gave me the other one to do the same shit to. He brings them to me every couple months now, and leaves them for almost a month while he goes abroad working. I asked him, just for shits and giggles what they were worth and he said he could buy a brand new car with each one, fully loaded. I almost shit myself. These are guitars I'm just sitting in the house playing, and they're worth the down payment on the house.

Same guy has two guitars that hang out with me all the time, a custom shop Eric Johnson strat that he said "needs some mojo," which meant he wants me to play it and give it some character. He also leaves this black SG with me when we hang out, for months at a time. They're awesome.

All of his buddies use me, free of charge because they always bring me awesome shit to fiddle with.

I worry more about shipping damage than anything happening to my gear in Jake's hands.  All of the shippers are apes.  One day I'm gonna send my Mustang to him for a super-duper setup.  I just have to build my nerve up to pack it, but hey it made it to me from Japan.  It can't be as bad going from MS to FL.

VOLVO)))

Send it over, I'll make that 'Stang play like butter.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 29, 2011, 06:10:14 PM

That's fuckin cool as shit.  I'm near Portland Ore.  p/u-deliv?
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Lemme crash on your couch, I'll come play.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Swing by springfield, according to the google it only adds an hour to your journey ;D