Main Menu

PIZZA

Started by mortlock, September 30, 2011, 01:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GodShifter

I don't know, man. That thing looks pretty good to me.

Jor el

Quote from: libertycaps on January 04, 2012, 07:39:09 PM
Quote from: Jor el on January 04, 2012, 03:34:11 PM

I just re-read this thread and it pissed me off even more the second time around.
Fuck.

Santarpio's - Boston

That's definitely full of cheap beer after a show and i need to eat or throw up pizza. Too bad it'll likely have the opposite effect you want by the looks of it.

LC,

You're way wrong, Pard'ner.
Santarpio's is phenomenal.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Lumpy

Quote from: Demon Lung on January 04, 2012, 02:13:39 PMNYC pizza is all about the water that is used to make the dough.

::)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

libertycaps

Looks like overly bready and over-cooked instant heartburn to me. I'm glad you enjoy it though. I'm not an angry enough of a person to start a shitstorm over a picture of a pizza.
I really should get off my ass and make my own pizza dough and get a stone. I have a fool proof way to wood fire pie at home. It's called a "Lil' Texas" Traegers smoker. Hmmmmmmm........

Jor el

Must be the picture that makes you people think "bready."
It's the thinnest crust prizza I've ever had.

You DIY people able to get hot enough temp going for good crust?
What Would Scooby Do ?

mortlock

i dont see that as bready either..looks very thin and quite scrump to me..im not saying there wouldnt be some heartburn involved but it would be worth it..

libertycaps

On the High setting i've gotten the internal temp of my wood burning Traegers up to around 450-480F when it's really hummin'. I'm pretty sure it's big enough in there to get a large 16" pie in. I know pizza can be wood fired in them. Have yet to try it myself. Maybe i should get a take 'n bake, a stone and try it out first?

Jor el

Please do - and report your results.
What Would Scooby Do ?

libertycaps

So were can i buy a good quality pizza stone? I think i'll just dedicate it to the smoker and use it to wood fire similiar items if all goes well.

libertycaps

I could wood fire calzone, savory pastries, etc. too if all goes well.

Demon Lung

Quote from: libertycaps on January 05, 2012, 01:05:16 PM
So were can i buy a good quality pizza stone? I think i'll just dedicate it to the smoker and use it to wood fire similiar items if all goes well.
the pampered chef

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jor el

Yeah, Pampered Chef or Williams-Sonoma.
I picked up a basic square stone w/rack at, I think, Bed Bath Beyond. Nothing fancy.
I got it for bagels, but ended up using it for cookies. I'll never use a cookie sheet again.

I can't cook for shit, but I enjoy baking.
What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

Quote from: libertycaps on January 05, 2012, 01:05:16 PM

Dude.  go to Roses kitchen supply.  Kinda down by the Montage.  All different sizes.  Fun place to shop at for kitchen stuff.
No Focus Pocus

libertycaps

Next payday, i'll check out Roses. I'm staying the hell away from Montage though.

neighbor664

**A re-post from the "What's for dinner?" thread because I'm too lazy to do otherwise!**

Holy foodgasm! This place was great! http://www.blueribbonpizzeria.com
Absofuckinglutely awesome, artisan "California" pizza.

Tuna Crudo w/ Avocado a lemon olive oil appetizers. Yum!

A very nice baby greens salad w/blue cheese,pomegranate and the most perfectly roasted candied crunchy pecans.

The pizza was wood fired. Here's something I'd never even thought of.... HEAVY CREAM? Parmigiano reggiano the most perfect, crumbly sausage and basil. Garnished with mint leaves?
If there was any negative about the pie it would be that the crust could have been thicker.

Washed it down with an Ale Smith IPA. A very tasty SD brew.

I'm sure this sounds absolutely horrific to an NY purist, but you have no idea how freaking good this was.

Dunedin

My favourite local place La Favorita, does a tomato, mozzarella, sliced potato and spinach with an egg cracked in the middle of the pizza and baked. Best veggie pizza ever!
Also, apologies to anyone of Italian origin on the board but I had a Haggis pizza on Fri night and it rocked!
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

demon gal

Quote from: Jor el on January 05, 2012, 01:44:42 PM
Yeah, Pampered Chef or Williams-Sonoma.
I picked up a basic square stone w/rack at, I think, Bed Bath Beyond. Nothing fancy.
I got it for bagels, but ended up using it for cookies. I'll never use a cookie sheet again.

I can't cook for shit, but I enjoy baking.

How did the bagel making go? Seems like something that would take a lot of practice for me to make correctly.

Jor el

Haven't got to the bagels yet.
My brother makes amazing bagels - that's what got me interested.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Pepper

bagel recipes please.

Sam Hain

Quote from: Jor el on January 04, 2012, 08:24:18 PM
Quote from: libertycaps on January 04, 2012, 07:39:09 PM
Quote from: Jor el on January 04, 2012, 03:34:11 PM

I just re-read this thread and it pissed me off even more the second time around.
Fuck.

Santarpio's - Boston

That's definitely full of cheap beer after a show and i need to eat or throw up pizza. Too bad it'll likely have the opposite effect you want by the looks of it.

LC,

You're way wrong, Pard'ner.
Santarpio's is phenomenal.
Im a little late to the party here but Santarpios is fuckin awesome. The pizza the nutz and the Combo is good too.

libertycaps

Inside of my Lil Texas smoker is 19" x 24" so plenty of room for a large pie. If taxes aren't too bad i'll be getting a pizza stone this weekend along with some other kitchen basics that need replacing.

Mr Neutron

last nights dinner:

BLT Pizza:

"Where words fail, music speaks."

Demon Lung

I really don't know what to say about that

mortlock

if that was a taco pizza id be way more enthused about it..

Metal and Beer

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"