Main Menu

How I Did It: Hartley Peavey

Started by The Shocker, October 01, 2011, 10:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

Thought some of you might find this interesting:
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/did-hartley-peavey-peavey-electronics-070000229.html

I really like the guy since he's one of the few people from Mississippi who made it big, but never left.

SpaceTrucker

Cool, its nice to know I have the first model early cnc made bass.. haters gonna hate on the price.

mortlock

The Shocker

I miss my T-15 with the amp in the case.

Ranbat

Like alot of other people my age, my first practice amp was a Peavey. My first half stack was a VTM 120. I actually went in to buy a Butcher, but they had just gotten in the VTMs and sold me on it. I also had a Peavey Classic Chorus 212. None of those amps ever let me down, ever.
Meh :/

cat shepard

I got a 1983 peavey 60 watt single 12 combo amp. It sounded good but finally died. Gotta get it fixed. Peavey PA gear sounds like straight shit. That was a nice story to read.

bbottom

Quote from: mortlock on October 01, 2011, 10:55:50 PM
i wish i kept my t-40 bass..

Still have mine and it is beyond awesome..... heavy as hell though

mortlock

i still play through a mark VI head i bought new in 91-92..ive put it through the paces and its never failed me..not once. its got alot of free passes coming if something ever does break down..

SoupKitchen

My first amp was a Rage 108. My parents bought it for its headphone jack. That was 22 years ago. It's in pieces in my storage unit. If I screwed it all back together, I'm sure it would work just fine. Built like a tank is an understatement.
I have since gotten two VTMs, a Mark III Musician (gotta love an amp with a built in phaser), a MK IV bass head, and 115 and 215 cabs. I find that working musicians have very little of the snobbery when it comes to Peavey. Much respect for Mr. Peavey and what he has built.

justinhedrick

i have a vtm 60 and a peavey bandit. both are really solid amps. i like the vtm more than the bandit.

has peavey ever made anything that wasn't built like a tank?

SpaceTrucker

Musician series 200^   Had one, went to the shop and still didn't work. everytime I hit the G string she sqealed like a banshee.

clockwork green

Great working class gear with solid tones. Their high-end stuff seems a bit silly but I had a Peavey Wolfgang, the USA, carved top model and it was amazing...best neck I've ever played.  If I had gotten it with a stop tail instead of the Floyd I'd still own that guitar but I just couldn't make myself like that Floyd. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Chovie D

can you imagine how much more gear they might have sold if it were not for that hideous logo?

Lumpy

Quote from: Chovie D on October 03, 2011, 04:52:33 PM
can you imagine how much more gear they might have sold if it were not for that hideous logo?

Designed by Hartley Peavey himself! Anybody can do it!
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Chovie D

Quote from: Lumpy on October 03, 2011, 05:40:20 PM

His vendors and salesreps ahve been beggin him to change it/update it for years. Ive even heard there were petitions. He refuses to change it.
I kind of like that about him. "Fuck you guys, if you dont like my logo you can go buy some other lower quality more expensive peice of shit with a cooler logo!"

justinhedrick

Quote from: Chovie D on October 03, 2011, 05:47:10 PM
Quote from: Lumpy on October 03, 2011, 05:40:20 PM

His vendors and salesreps ahve been beggin him to change it/update it for years. Ive even heard there were petitions. He refuses to change it.
I kind of like that about him. "Fuck you guys, if you dont like my logo you can go buy some other lower quality more expensive peice of shit with a cooler logo!"

i always take the logos off of most everything i have with either a screwdriver or a pair of scissors . . . Makes the peavey amps look better, but it makes wearing a Nike shirt a bit difficult!

moose23

Used to have a Mark 3 or 4 bass amp and now own a Mace 2x12 combo. Love the Mace.

mortlock

fuck that.. the peavey logo is every bit as relevant as anything else..

strangelight

that is a fucking awful logo. thank god it ain't on my peavey classic 50/212. i still lurves that thing, although i wish i had been a savvier buyer at age 14, otherwise i would've found one used and cheap instead of blowing every penny i had (thanks for the savings bonds, granma!).

VOLVO)))

I had a classic 30, should have kept it. None of my cabs have their Peavey logos, they were all removed before I got them.

I've got one over my bench, right next to lyrics from Dopesmoker.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 05, 2011, 01:10:33 PM
I had a classic 30, should have kept it. None of my cabs have their Peavey logos, they were all removed before I got them.

I've got one over my bench, right next to lyrics from Dopesmoker.

"proceed the hartley, peavey!"

grimniggzy

Lungsmen unearth the creed of HaPeaveyian
Procession of the Weed-Priests to cross the sands