Favorite Hot Sauces

Started by The Shocker, October 01, 2011, 05:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

Quote from: I,Galactus on October 03, 2011, 09:30:55 PM
Alright deaner, fess up!  Where the hell d'you find that Cholula Chili Lime sauce?  ???

I've scoured numerous "Hispanic Food" sections and sauce/vinegar aisles to no avail.   :(

Kroger on Lakeland in Flowood/Brandon, MS.  In the Hot Sauce section.  It was new to me, which is why I picked it up.  Had it on everything I ate tonight (smoked turkey, steamed carrots & sauteed spinach).

I,Galactus

Quote from: deaner33 on October 03, 2011, 09:59:59 PM
Quote from: I,Galactus on October 03, 2011, 09:30:55 PM
Alright deaner, fess up!  Where the hell d'you find that Cholula Chili Lime sauce?  ???

I've scoured numerous "Hispanic Food" sections and sauce/vinegar aisles to no avail.   :(

Kroger on Lakeland in Flowood/Brandon, MS.  In the Hot Sauce section.  It was new to me, which is why I picked it up.  Had it on everything I ate tonight (smoked turkey, steamed carrots & sauteed spinach).

Hmm, alas I have no venue to go "Krogering" around here, but I'll keep checking IGAs and employee owned grocery stores.  Thanks anyway!
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

sleestak

Pain 100% is my fav but I usually use Sriachi on everything.  I made it for a while but then my stomach couldn't take it for a year.  Now I'm back until the reflux destroys me again.

Also my fav jalapeno sauce is blair's death... not real hot but great flavor:

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

The Shocker

Not a big fan of the green hot sauces for some reason.  Probably the color more than anything else.   

justinhedrick

i use srarichi a lot too. my favorite is to mix it with your favorite brand of mayo (i use low fat, i know i know) and use it on homeade catfish tacos.

awesome.

RAGER

Had some Crystal and Aardvark on my oysters yesterday.
No Focus Pocus

Mr Neutron

i love hot sauces, but prefer different types with different foods.
some of my "go-to's"

a sweet yet hot sauce. good with pork.

made by a friend's brother. hot, but not the greatest flavor by itself. good in chili, or stews.

a good all purpose scorcher. Way more flavor than either the red or green varities.

I saute  a lot of stuff in sriracha... it is a fantastic addition to leftover roasts. Also for any chinese food.
I recently put some in a jar of homemade pickles. Interested in seeing how that turns out.

my number #1 is a sauce made by a friend of mine, it's a ghost pepper sauce, and he doesn't label the bottles. hell it doesn't even have a name.
Nice and smokey, and super hot...particularly as it has aged. I put this stuff on almost everything.
I also saute  with a mixture of this stuff and olive oil. Frying up a hot dog in a mix of oil/ ghost sauce is a near religious experience.

"Where words fail, music speaks."

MikeyT

"my number #1 is a sauce made by a friend of mine, it's a ghost pepper sauce, and he doesn't label the bottles. hell it doesn't even have a name."

You should make labels for it (give some to your friend). Call it 'Six Feet Under'.

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

The Shocker

I wish I had friends that made hot sauce.

The Shocker

That too.  I grew peppers one year and planned to do it, but all the peppers went into homemade salsa which was fucking excellent.

That was pre-child though, just not enough time and energy to do stuff like that now.

The Shocker

Check this out!

Shit's good y'all.

mortlock

looks great..ill def try it..

NCR600

Quote from: deaner33 on October 06, 2011, 07:48:16 PM
Check this out!

Shit's good y'all.

That Jack Links Jerky is the foulest jerky ever (at least our local version is) It'd want to have a lot ov cholula in it to make it edible.

I've gone off the really powerful hot sauces lately. I've got a fridge full of the various El Yucateco Habanero hot sauces, but I hardly use them these days. I've got some productive Habanero plants for cooking with, so when I feel the need for a sauce I've got Tabasco, Tapiato, Valentina, Cholula, Sriracha and some sort of Thai sweet chilli to fill the gap.

Sleazy Cortez

Gringo Bandito from Dexter Holland is available at food4less and totally delicious too.
they call em fingers.... but i never seen em fing.

sleestak

Picked this up at the local grocer the other day.  I needed a Sriracha for the work fridge so I tried this shit out:

Really good stuff... more like a chunky garlic salsa version of regular Sriracha. 
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Lumpy

Quote from: sleestak on January 24, 2012, 03:36:03 PM
Picked this up at the local grocer the other day.  I needed a Sriracha for the work fridge so I tried this shit out:

Really good stuff... more like a chunky garlic salsa version of regular Sriracha. 

That's the kind I usually get.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

That shit is sooooo good.  Been eating that stuff since the 80's.  Hotter that Sriracha
No Focus Pocus

libertycaps

Nice thread. Think all my faves have been mentioned 'cept the Cholula Chipotle. Killer with take out Popeye's mild chicken. The Verde Yucateco is great too if you want a bit more heat than normal. I don't go any hotter than that one. It will bite you if not careful with it and i really don't enjoy getting the ring of fire. I need to try the Valentina yellow label salsa ASAP too. I also have a small bottle filled with Thai chilis and rice vinegar for Oysters. Chef buddy recommended that and it's perfect.

Mr Neutron

is that sambal oelek?
"Where words fail, music speaks."

tossom

Quote from: Mr Neutron on February 01, 2012, 08:23:14 PM

is that sambal oelek?

Certainly looks like it, have a jar in the fridge - brilliant stuff.  If I do a stir fry for the family (wife hates spicy food) I generally put a teaspoon of this on my plate to liven it up! 

I have a cousin who lives in San Fran who usually takes something spicy over for me when he is home visiting his folks.  I got sambal oelek last time, the time before I got a huge bag of garam masala - still working through it!
"Beige rock"

Lumpy

It's chili garlic sauce. Maybe a variation on sambal oelek(?)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

MikeyT

Johnny Winter's Screamin' Demon Hot Sauce, from his website.

I'm tempted to try it, but it's expensive. 5 oz. bottle, $6.99.
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

Demon Lung

I have some ghost chili hot sauce that I got a few days ago. Very hot very mild Tabasco taste

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"