Main Menu

volume pedals..

Started by mortlock, October 07, 2011, 12:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

recomend me something that would be good to use with electronics..also, are any of these more like a regular stomp box with a knob that controls the volume instead of a wah-wah style pedal..

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

mortlock

is that thing still available..it looks like exactly what i want..

Pundan

I have one of these, works great for making my one channel Matamp clean.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Glitchyghost

Sorry, smartass comment.  But I gotta do it  ;D

mortlock

i had a stoned moment of and got a little ahead of my self there..hence the edit..

Lumpy

The DOD is a mini mixer -- 4 into 1 (or 1 into 4, it can swing either way). You can find them used for about 30-40 bucks. Good for tabletop use. I have one, I prefer to use a volume pedal (my hands are busy elsewhere ;) ) or the bigger Behringer mixer (which has volume gain, as well as volume cut -- so, more versatile). In other words, this one will never boost volume, only cut. You don't have to use all four inputs (duh).

The Signal Pad cuts volume (doesn't boost - doh). Would be good if you wanted to A/B between loud/soft. Good for guitar players who don't to use their Vol. knobs, or want to set the Vol. at an exact level every time.

I have both of these sitting unused, PM me for details if they fit your needs.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Lumpy

If this is for tabletop use, consider a Behringer powered mixer. The advantages there  -- some mixers have an effects loop, so put your single reverb/delay/anything stompbox on every channel (with a knob to adjust level to taste, for each channel). A powered mixer can boost. You can find 'em cheap, maybe ten bucks more than the DOD passive one. They can start to get a little noisy when they get old and beat up though.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

dunwichamps

You could make a Boost/Cutter, that would be nice, 2 buttons one On/Off, the other Cut or Boost mode, with a single dial to adjust the range or maybe 2 one for either mode