Super Bowl food

Started by Pissy, February 11, 2024, 04:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

I made smoked venison con queso and smoked thighs, some bbq, some buffalo.  

Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Fuck the game. Imma hang out by the grill.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

I'll have a dirty ashtray waiting for you. 
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

pissy buffalo meat? really? why you got to rub salt in my wounds? you probably cooked it on the right side of the grill too.

Pissy

I cooked this differently than I normally do.  I grilled it first to crisp the skin, on direct heat, then moved it to the smoker to cook to temp.  In the move, I basted with wing sauce, that I made with texas pete, butter, garlic mash, soy, Worcestershire, thyme, balsamic glace, and red wine vinegar. Then tossed them once they were cooked. 
Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

dutch oven buffalo wings w/more spices and roquefort dip

Muffin Man

Quote from: Pissy on February 11, 2024, 05:49:05 PM

I'll have a dirty ashtray waiting for you.

wow. WOW! that.is.clever.

Pissy

I can't take credit for inventing it.   

Mexican beer, Lime juice, Mexican hot sauce, salt and pepper.
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

I think im going to do a dirty ashtray episode. Thanks pissy.

Pissy

Welcome.  Of course, you open the beer up and swish it a little prior to taking a sip.  
Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

Found this were they instead rim the can with Tajin, fill the top with hot sauce, then open it, put a shot of mezcal into the beer, and dredge a lime wedge in black pepper to garnish/squeeze into it.   
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

Im looking into this and im seeing it also called a mexican ashtray. I dont know how i missed this my whole life. This looks right up my alley. Im on it.free image hosting

RAGER

Quote from: Pissy on February 12, 2024, 11:37:57 AM

Found this were they instead rim the can with Tajin, fill the top with hot sauce, then open it, put a shot of mezcal into the beer, and dredge a lime wedge in black pepper to garnish/squeeze into it.   

This is similar to the way I do them but usually just do a michelada.

Mi chela helada por favor
No Focus Pocus