What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Try as I might, I can rarely get into black IPA's.

Big fan of Firestone Walker's Wookey Jack and like Odell's Mountain Standard but those are definite exceptions to the rule. Something about roastiness and hops clashes with me for whatever reason. Tried a Left Hand Fade to Black Version #4, Rocky Mountain Black Ale, the other day and had to dump half the bottle. Can't like everything, I guess.

As for Bear Republic's Racer 5, definitely a nice IPA. Hop Rod Rye remains my favorite from them, personally.

lftwng4

Quote from: Adam on April 07, 2013, 02:26:41 PM
Those are all Three Floyd's stuff, right?

Yeah, it's their band collaboration beers:  Pig Destroyer(high alcohol Pale ale) EyehateGod(black IPA), and Municipal Waste(Imperial Stout).

Adam

Had the Odell Shenanigans last night. Got to say, I was disappointed, didn't think it aged well. Moved onto their IPA after that....that hit the spot (like it so often does).

Adam

More Odell tonight, The Meddler.

RAGER

Bear Republic xpa. Very nice 

Hair of the Dog Brewing Blue Dot. Always a fav.
No Focus Pocus

Adam

That Bear Republic XPA has failed to appear here in Colorado. Wish it would.

Adam

Been on an Odell kick this week (which isn't all that unusual). Tonights offering is their Myrcenary IIPA.

Desertblues

Tonights entertainment..

Bridge Road Bling Bling Double IPA
Holgate Hopinator IPA
Bridge Road/Mikkeller Dark Harvest

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Stopped by some friends house earlier today and they were already drinkin.  Had a couple snorts of this stuff

Holy shit.  Tastes pretty good but a bit sweet so I'd bet the hangover is a motherfucker.  They couldn't even talk right and it wasn't even noon.  Them people like to drink.
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Sweet or not, 50% alcohol in any form is likely to give me a nasty hangover.

RAGER

Now it's off to Breakside Brewing for some grub and a couple of my favorite locals IPA's.  Their IPA is outstanding.
No Focus Pocus

Volume

Spruce shoot schnaps I made last spring. Awesome, if I say so myself. It has some sweetness, citrus and a taste of springtime coniferous forest.

I,Galactus

Awesome.  I love schnapps.  I've got a bottle of austrian apricot in the freezer at home.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

That spruce schnapps sounds damn tasty.
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Chovie D

box wine from target it looks like...its that or absinthe..only booz ei the house

RAGER

Cotes de Provence Rose' out back by the chiminea.
No Focus Pocus

Instant Dan

Instant Dan

Adam

MadJohnShaft

Everyone is enjoying delicious alcohol but me.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

RAGER

This is a very nice tap list.  This brewery is really bringin' it.  They just recently built a 30 barrel system offsite to handle their demand.
Their IPA is an outstanding example.  That pils and lager were great examples too as was the kolsch.

No Focus Pocus

Adam

Odell's summer seasonal back on the local shelves. Perhaps my favorite Odell beer.

Instant Dan

My favorite anniversary of their's besides the Munich Helles Lager and their Pale Ale.