What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Aye :P  had several different beers today but tonight last night we had some of this.  OMGfuknG.  Sooo good.

No Focus Pocus

Instant Dan

^My Mom has that in her wine fridge.

This reminds me of grapefruit juice mixed with root beer. Kind of disappointed considering how many people I know love it.

RAGER

Is that like a summer radler?  German style?
No Focus Pocus

Instant Dan

Fruit beer.

At least they did quite well, IMO, with their pale ale.

Instant Dan

RAGER

Caldera makes a Lawnmower Lager that is quite chuggable and only like 3.5% or something. Sometimes that's all you need or want.
No Focus Pocus

Instant Dan

Thirst quenchers are required where I live.

I'm dissappointed...They are only making this as part of a limited series. Deserves to be in full production.

RAGER

Had a very nice wheat by Upright Brewing the other day.

Made these last night.  My girl showed me a drink recipe she thought would be good but we didn;t have some of the stuff so I modified it and came up with this.  Recipe below

Fill one the glasses with ice
Juice of 1 lime in a shaker
1 1/2 shots of gin
about 2 tsp of Amarena Fabbri cherry juice
pour out the ice into the shaker and shake
pour into glass and top with a sparkling vinho verde.  I used Famega.

Turned out really good.  If it's not sweet enoough float a little more cherry juice on top or add a sugar cube to the shaker until it dissolves.
No Focus Pocus

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

peoplething

didn't think it warranted it's own thread

a good read if you're enjoying some good beers

http://deadspin.com/36-cheap-american-beers-ranked-638820035
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

RAGER

Quote from: Lumpy on May 31, 2013, 08:32:06 PM

Did Pepsi buy them? I'm seeing this everywhere now. My local supermarket (not exactly a hotbed of gourmet food) sells it in 12-packs now. Etc.

Quote from: Pissy on May 31, 2013, 09:40:50 PM
Actually I think San Pelligrino is owned by Nestle.  I think it's just a major marketing push.  The blood orange and grapefruit are really good.  They mix well with gin.  And tequila.

Man that grapefruit is so good with lime juice, simple syrup and tequila.  Kind of like a salty chihuahua.
No Focus Pocus

black aspirin

Vodka Tonics.  A shitload of them.  AGAIN.
This Juan goes to 11.

neighbor664

Manhattan, up, sweet! Mmmmm!

Sparkle Motion

3/4 Oz Tequila
3/4 Oz Canton
1/4 Oz Lime Juice
1/2 Oz Pineapple Juice
Orange Flower Water
Plum Bitters
Top with Vita Malt Ginger

I'm not sure what to call it but it was delicious
"There ain't much difference between the man I wanna be and the man that I really am."

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Sparkle Motion

What's wowmom?  Is there a reference there?
"There ain't much difference between the man I wanna be and the man that I really am."

Soundgardenia

This is nice once in a while
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

Sparkle Motion

Holy Shit!  Where have you been, SG?

Soundgardenia

I've been around! :)
Hey, I've been meaning to ask you, do you have your show on podcast or is it just live?
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

Lumpy

Sixpoint Resin, strong and delicious.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Soundgardenia

Trying these out and also having some Angry Orchard

NCR600

That Rodenbach Grand Cru is pretty good! Not something I'd drink a lot of though.
I'm currently drinking my own Bourbon/Vanilla Porter, trying to decide if I want to enter it in the State Amateur brewing competition. It's good, but I think the Bourbon might be a bit too strong.

khoomeizhi

let's dispense the unpleasantries

NCR600

Nah. Thought about it, but glad I didn't. It'd be way too cloying. If I could get a stave from a bourbon barrel to chuck in the fermenter, or make enough to fill a second hand bourbon barrel, it might work well without adding the bourbon post ferment.

MadJohnShaft

A snooty but good restaurant opened in town by the daughter of the Morton's Steak House guy - called 'Found' people adore this place. Do you like snooty drink menus or are you offended by such Mixology?  They were good - I had the weird gin and tonic and Julia got the rhubarb pisco sour.

Drink menu

We believe the best beverage is smart, simple and tasty.

Found's selection of beers, wines and spirits grows out of the restaurant's commitment to clean, bright flavors sourced locally whenever possible.

We are proud to source our beers from the four surrounding states of Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan and Indiana. The abundance of acclaimed craft breweries in the Midwest makes selecting the perfect beer to accompany your meal effortless. We also look locally for wine whenever possible. You'll notice that several varietals are sourced from the best vineyards in Michigan. Meanwhile, our spirits program is focused on smaller, local neighborhood producers whenever possible. We love the gins produced nearby at North Shore Distillery, F.E.W. Spirits, and Letherbee!

We should also mention that we do not believe in a soda gun.  We even go so far as having our soft drinks made for us by a wonderful, local producer, Filbert's, for a special line of sodas created especially for us using cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

Found's wine, beer, and spirits tell the same story as Chef Nicole's food, smart, simple and delicious.
Some days chickens, some days feathers