What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Maybe I should whip out my Blackberry while I'm shopping, that probably wouldn't look too douchey...

I do look up beers at ratebeer.com, but there is a fuckton of expensive beers at the store which are unknown to me. Especially these 4 packs for like $16. I guess I should start taking photos so I can remember their names and look them up.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Muffin Man

Quote from: Lumpy on June 01, 2020, 04:20:27 AM
This is at my grocery store, there is no beer buyer. Fancy beer is everywhere.

Ah yeah. OTOH I've always talked to the beer-tenders walking the floor. Same with the wino's dept.

RAGER

Rare to see Pizza Port up around here.

No Focus Pocus

renfield

That's one of my go to's, it's everywhere here. Dangerous stuff

Muffin Man

I asked my beer dude for a rec and here we are. Indy from 2 zip codes away. Pretty wonderful Hazy IPA. They even give the full deets posted below.

TL;DR it good. A perfect Summer beer if you need something at 7.3lbs

KULSHAN HELIOTROPE
India Pale Ale

MALT: 2-Row, Flaked Oats, Munich II, Caramalt
HOPS: Idaho 7, Mosaic, Citra, Cascade
IBU: 83
ABV: 7.3%
SEE: Golden straw in color with a fine white head
SMELL: Strong fruit aromas of grapefruit, mango, peaches, and slight berry
TASTE: Mango, grapefruit and grapefruit pith followed by a dry pine finish

Named after the popular ridge trail that leads to the base of Mount Baker's Coleman Glacier, Heliotrope IPA is a mouthwatering fusion of classic West Coast IPA characteristics, and new-school fruity, juicy hop flavor.  Apricot, tangerine and grapefruit dominate in both aroma and flavor, accented by milder notes of pineapple and black tea.  Balanced yet fun, smooth yet flavorful, Heliotrope IPA is truly a delicious creation. - Kulshan

Mt Baker

Muffin Man

I take chances and just buy the shit to support the local vendor. This is kinda of a goofy beer, maybe good extremely chilled in the heat of summer, IDK

RAGER

No!

Whiskey soda for me. Not local cuz nobody local has been making whiskey long enough for it to be good. Yet.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I see what you're saying! Best I can tell BP has gone back to indy owner, or, investors group of small. And I'll double-check the can if I get one from the fridge later - I thought it had Indy Brewers Assoc badge  - not sure if that means anything but is why I chanced it at store before looking up ownership. But this looks ok:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/drink/ct-ballast-point-sale-kings-convicts-20191203-t4b6ug6ywfgyxmkqtnhhs33t7i-story.html

renfield

I absolutely despise the stupid and highly addictive drug that is alcohol  >:(

RAGER

And?  What are you drinking? 
No Focus Pocus

renfield

Last night it was sauv blanc

mortlock

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Sampling some Monkey 47 Schwarzwald Dry Gin. Not sure what it is yet but it's pretty hot, 94 proof. 47 botanicals I guess. Gin & Tonic tonite. w/ Key Lime bottle juice instead of lime slice. I need to source some boo-teek tonic water. Unless y'all find Schweppes acceptable, I don't like the ingredients of it, corn syrup in there, I believe, yuk. But its a good G&T. Bring on the Summer.

neighbor664

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

renfield

It's fine. It tastes like kombucha.

RAGER

I like booch in cocktails. Do that and it'll ramp up that wimpy 4.5 ABV.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

The 4.5 was actually a nice change from the double IPAs I'm usually slamming.

Lumpy

Can the probiotics (or whatever) in Kombucha survive in an alcoholic beverage? (Isn't there something that's supposed to be alive in there, like yogurt and kimchi?)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Kimchi on the rocks. Yes!!
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Ah, yes. That's what I'll do with my watery kimchi - shots! Also dill pickle juice I've been saving - 4 kinds of shots. I can feel the intenstinal fortitude building now!

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

renfield

I was going to claim that I've never spent as much on a single beer, but then I remembered all the $20 PBRs and Modelos I got at various stoner rock festivals....

RAGER

I really like what this brewery does. We went there in February. That first beer on the list is Split Second. It's really developing nicely. Is my favorite of theirs. Once it's gone it's gone. That's the case with those types. I wanted to buy the last bit but I left some for somebody else.
No Focus Pocus