Dark Souls

Started by Beerjerk, October 16, 2011, 02:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beerjerk

Picked it up yesterday and so far been enjoying it greatly. A very dark and moody fantasy rpg/dungeon crawler. You choose classes, customize your character's face and body type, invest experience points in different abilities, upgrade armor and weapons, etc. Kind of reminds me of Soul Reaver, with it's soul-stealing and undead world. The game plays heavily around trial and error, where you'll die dozens of times before you realize what strategy or what secret there is to defeating the bosses. The game is not for the easily frustrated. The sense of satisfaction you get when you figure out how to kill a boss or reach a place is immense and will keep you hooked.

peterlies

Been playing the hell out of this. I was a huge fan of Demon Souls so knew what to expect going in. The mood and atmosphere created in this game is amazing.

Beerjerk

Quote from: chunkie on January 10, 2012, 05:34:12 PM
can you play it on offline?

Yes, been playing solo all this time. The multiplayer is odd, you can visit other peoples' games and help them out, but when playing solo you occasionally see ghosts of other players roaming around in your game. They don't really do anything, they materialize and disappear again. 

gritty_fingers

That's interesting because the review I read seem to state that its harder when you are playing solo.

I don't have xbox live so I only play games offline. The game looked really good though.
"Ginger People"

grimniggzy

I started playing Demons Souls on PS3 b/c mines modded. Maybe I'll get around to putting some time into it. Not sure, these games aren't really my type of thing.

Lewis

Anyone still playing this? Was wondering want the dlc for this is like? I lost a 175 hour game due to Xbox cloud service issues then went back and played through two more times...