RAGER

Actual name  "Billy Rays Neighborhood Dive"

the B side
No Focus Pocus

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

neighbor664

I,Galactus

Only place in town you can still eat, drink, and smoke.  Damn good burgers, cheap beer, pool tables, peanut shells on the floor, and midget karaoke on Tuesdays (not kidding).

Best dive in Memphis.  Killer shows, too.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

DustinAR

Ha the Buc is cool. Played there a couple months back.

I,Galactus

Quote from: DustinAR on October 26, 2011, 10:46:19 PM
Ha the Buc is cool. Played there a couple months back.

Word.  I saw y'all there w/ Deadbird and Dirtmother back in the day.  Fond metal memories.  :)
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Metal and Beer

Yah, that was a good show; we had a couple killer shows there, the other one was with Rwake, Minsk and Filthy Diablo. Dustin wasn't in Seahag then, I think he played the Bucc with his new band Black Orchid. Cool dive for sure, and free beer for the bands !!!
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Metal and Beer

Legendary dump Whitewater Tavern. Cool staff, free PBR draft for bands, no hassles/headtrips, great place

Vino's Brewpub. Before Downtown Music opened in 2002 this was where metal/sludge/doom/punk bands played (for the most part). Between 1998 and 2002 I saw Neurosis, Goatwhore, Soilent Green, Isis, Biohazard, NRBQ, Epoch of Unlight, Dying Fetus, Exhumed and Rwake here. They make beer onsite, so hell yeah

Google Images is being stingy with the Downtown Music pics so here's a shot of hometowners-via-Providence RI badasses The Body:

black

Fuck yeah, Downtown Music!

Great staff, chill patrons, the best music, cheap booze and killer bar food. My AR home away from home, fo' sure.

*edited for geographical/substance abuse problem (thanks Lumpy!)

mortlock

the red dr suess drum looks insane..

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

black

Metal and Beer

Black has a permanent spot reserved at Downtown for sure !

strangelight

best shows in the 'burgh. yuenglings are cheap, jager bombs are cheaper. cool people. one of the owners, larry, has a giant chest piece tattoo of larry fine (from the three stooges). and in the summer they do underwear afternoons, where they get nice ladies who can barely tend bar to serve you in their lingerie.

lou's is good when nico's is closed. last time i was in there and went to the ladies' room, there was a keg pressed up against the toilet. nice and sanitary. but it has a certain run-down charm. they claim to serve food but do not.

Isabellacat

I don't go to bars much but these are a few of my favorite joints  nearby and great if I'm need to grab a drink..

Hemlock Tavern has a friendly atmosphere,cool bartenders and really awesome bands play there. A place I need to go to more often actually. I got drunk there a few times.

Cassidy's just a few blocks away from me. Too bad they closed down.I got some good memories of the place.

The Stork Club in Oakland. I've actually gotten really drunk with Babynoodles and Dr.Zayus once here lol about 5 years ago. Saw Roanoke play just a few feet away while pounding some PBRs. High on Fire plays there alot too and Extreme Elvis once played there...cool ass joint...I remember the friendly people in the back who did'nt hesitate sharing a fat joint with me. Goodtimes.

mortlock

the french dip, cheese burgers and calamari and steamed clams out of this place fucking rule.. ALSO they have a 60 year old recipe for seafood bisque which is the best on the planet...

mortlock

marges lakeside inn..rochester ny.