Discontinued Food and Drink

Started by Jor el, October 23, 2011, 12:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demon Lung

You can most defiantly still get it. That stuff is sweet. You have to water it down

The Shocker

Quote from: mertz on February 29, 2012, 12:45:47 AM
Do you guys remember Hawaiian Punch in the can? My mom used to give it to me and my brother if we were sick, injured or had a bad day...Awww love in the form of high doses of sugar in a drink!

That and Hi-C were staples of my childhood.

GodShifter

Loved it and Hi-C, too.

I remember those trading cards/stickers that mortlock posted, too. Those were a big hit with my brother and my friends as kids. I can't remember what they were called now, but they were take offs on popular products. Like instead of Sara Lee, it was "Hairy Lee" brownies, etc. I enjoyed them a lot.

mertz

This thread brings back a lot of fond memories...

Lumpy

Quote from: GodShifter on February 29, 2012, 12:14:19 PM
Loved it and Hi-C, too.

I remember those trading cards/stickers that mortlock posted, too. Those were a big hit with my brother and my friends as kids. I can't remember what they were called now, but they were take offs on popular products. Like instead of Sara Lee, it was "Hairy Lee" brownies, etc. I enjoyed them a lot.

"Wacky Packages". They even had a comeback a few years ago...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wacky_Packages
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

GodShifter

That's the ticket. 1973-76 would have been when we were into them.

mortlock

i love them. still have my childhood collection. probably my only possession that i still have from those days..

mortlock

Demon Lung

I have guldens mustard in my fridge right now dude

I,Galactus

Just remembered this stuff.  I think I may have been the only person that liked it.

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Lumpy

Quote from: I,Galactus on March 05, 2012, 08:45:08 AM
Just remembered this stuff.  I think I may have been the only person that liked it.

Hey, I might have liked that too -- never paid attention to it, never tried it (coffee flavored soda). They have an espresso soda here - "Manhattan Special" - that I love. Full sugar, Diet, and Diet/Decaf versions.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

BitterAndTwisted

Some of the stuff posted in this thread looks just plain nasty, especially those banana-flavoured Twinkies-things.  Blech!

I have been given some very distressing news: is it true that Cinnamon-flavoured TicTacs have been discontinued?  We don't have them or any other cinnamon-flavoured candy here in the UK so I have to get folks to either mail them to me or bring them back.  If they're not available any longer what can I ask for as a substitute?  I NEED cinnamon candy.

And yes, Peanut Butter KitKats are real.  And delicious.  Or they were.  I seem to remember mailing a bunch of them to one of the sr.com gals over on the west coast.
Fucking retards, taste my nuts while getting dunked on.

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

BitterAndTwisted

Hey, thanks for looking those up for me, black.  I suspect the shipping costs from the US to here would be more than the candy costs.  And no, Altoids are not manufactured here, they are only available in specialty stores imported and cost a fortune. 

A friend bought me a couple of rolls of Certs recently and I'm rationing myself until I get more supplies from my sister who has just come back from Canada with a whole load of the good stuff for me.  Not TicTacs because she couldn't find them but other undisclosed brand/s.  I think I'd rather like those Liquorice Altoids: if I'd seen them when in the US I know I'd have brought some back with me.

It's strange but cinnamon-flavoured candy is unknown here but I know quite a few Brits who like it.  I think I need to set up an importing business and make myself a million.
Fucking retards, taste my nuts while getting dunked on.

RageofKlugman

This obviously passed me by, but the good people of Britain seem to have made the right choice anyway... The peanut butter Kitkat is coming back!

http://www.thedrum.co.uk/news/2012/02/27/peanut-butter-kit-kat-announced-winner-facebook-and-blippar-competition

Mr Neutron

"Where words fail, music speaks."

El Zombre

My favorite soda isn't discontinued but damn hard to find anywhere:

Sleazy Cortez

cheerwine! that's a tasty rare soda. and ski.
remember that orbitz soda with floating balls in it?

"I wish they made Smurfberry Crunch too,that cereal rocked,plus it made your poo turn bright blue."

oops all berries capn crunch will do the same
they call em fingers.... but i never seen em fing.

Demon Lung

Cheer wine is bottled in north carolina. You can find it everywhere there. Just watch out if you are gay. They don't like the gays there

cat shepard

Gays are basically illegal here.

poppus

Wow. I had completely forgotten about Like. I probably drank more Surge, but not to the extent I did Mello Yello years earlier, which is not as good as I remembered it being (with or without vodka). The nostalgia-fueled 12-pack purchase of 2011 has yet to be finished.

My most distinct memory of Hawaiian Punch in a can (aside from the brutal sweetness) is how they stuck with steel well after most other 12oz drinks came in aluminum. On top of its lack of carbonation, this did not work in its favor.