acoustic 230 footswitch question

Started by James1214, October 31, 2011, 02:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James1214

okay, so, i got an acoustic 230 a year ago. it didnt come with a footswitch and basically i havent been able to utilize the graphic eq, reverb or master volume. the amp rules but id love to make use of these elusive unusable functions. i picked up a proper jack (also elusive) and three footswitches, but i have no idea how to wire the thing, i did my best as to what i thought the proper wiring would be, but alas.... no dice, only the reverb section goes on and off now, my guess is that there is something im missing. anyone have an acoustic footswitch or access to a diagram or any advice? any and all help is appreciated.
words

James1214

jeez louise papa cheeze, that was fuckin quick.....
words

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

We aim to please, degrease and get you on your knees ;)

James1214

Got it all rewired up and working like a charm last night. Fuckin rad. Thanks again hemi.
words

justinhedrick

Quote from: James1214 on November 01, 2011, 03:02:39 PM
Got it all rewired up and working like a charm last night. Fuckin rad. Thanks again hemi.

Hemi be with you! 

martha_KH

How do you like this amp?  Might be picking one up and wanted some thoughts.  How is the volume?  How is the verb?

James1214

I love it. Verb is okay, albeit a little noisy, I should take it in to make sure all is in order. Its by far my fave amp I've ever owned. Thunderously gigantic volume. I haven't really had to turn it up past 2 1/2, and that's thru an 810, up against a hiwatt full stack. Id reccomend it in a heartbeat. And I will be buying another if I see it.
words

martha_KH

Thanks!  You using it for bass or guitar?

James1214

Mostly bass, but I jam on my guitar thru it sometimes as well, I've noticed that when playing guitar thru it it does help to hit the "bright" switch, which turns it into a wicked screaming hellbeast of a guitar amp, FYI  I play all my instruments in C or lower.
words

martha_KH

I would only be using it or bass.  I have one bass tuned to B and one tuned to C, but here lately I have just been in E standard.  Good to know that it handles the low tunings as well.

martha_KH

James1214

Suh-weet, if ya need a jack for a footswitch id be happy to pick one up and mail it to you. I found a semi local electronics shop that has old obscure stuff back to the 30's and 40's, they happen to charge half of the cheapest I could find on ebay.

The footswitch was easy to rig up, once I had all the parts and sat down to work it was a 3 hour project (Im I am fairly handy and have proper tools... which helps) all in all all I had to buy was the jack and 3 footswitches, I used an old 15 foot midi cable with a broken jack for the cable (omitting some wires as I only needed 6 of them) and used some scrap plywood for the main box of the enclosure and a top made of scrap 16ga stainless.

Ill shoot some pics at the studio and put em up. Its rough looking, but rock solid. Should withstand some abuse.
words

martha_KH

Awesome man.  Ill shoot you a PM for the detail.