BBQ Sauces (and other condiments you dig)

Started by Isabellacat, November 02, 2011, 10:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabellacat

Lately my favorite BBQ sauce has been Trader Joe's Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce  :)

Just thinking about it now is making my mouth water. Sooo good..... and I've tried many  BBQ sauces over the years. From Sweet Baby Ray's to the variety of KC Masterpiece sauces(which they've been my faves for years....but this one beats them hands down). It's just such a perfect balance of tangy and sweet.I love putting it on my steaks when I grill. I even love putting the BBQ sauce on frozen burritos (okay that sounds weird but try it and it actually rocks). One BBQ sauce I can't stand tho is the one made by Kraft.

What are your faves??? What are your least faves?

As far as other condiments....of course I love the regular Heinz ketchup on my fries and I'm a huge fan of teriyaki sauces.

RageofKlugman

As condiments go I think I'd have to plump for HP Sauce as my favourite - the perfect accompaniment to cooked breakfasts and bacon sandwiches. They've recently made a Guinness flavoured version which is even better!

peoplething

this stuff is one of, if not the best I've ever purchased out of a regular old store (target even carries it around here).

http://perception-communications.com/pcc/stories/kendavis/kendavisstory.htm

this is a close second

http://weewillys.com/

both are Kansas city style, so not much in the way of vinegar/North Carolina flavor, but that's not really my scene any whoo.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

RAGER

My buddy since we were kids is going to have a BBQ sauce on the market by the holidays.  The best I've ever had.  i think he loves cooking more than I do.  Quite the chef.  I'll post pics and even send some of you who are interested a jar of it unless it's in a store near you then you can buy it ya damn self.
No Focus Pocus

Isabellacat

Just had some of the TJ's KC Style BBQ sauce tonight. Put some on my BBQ Chicken pizza and it totally owned.Also put some on my beef burritos the other night. Really really good stuff.

yeezuz

stubbs- obvious and not a cool choice, but it uses real sugar

neighbor664

Love Stubbs sure it's in every grocery store  but having had it at the source I guess there is a degree of nostalgia factor too.

SpaceTrucker

The Jack Daniels BBQ is good, but I need to try the Jim Beam kind next.

tossom

"Beige rock"

black

Big fan of the spicy mustards. What about horseradish? Any favorites? Regional specialties? I do dig a sinus clearing horseradish.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Jor el

I dig the honey mustard.

There are a couple Michigan brands I love.
Mucky Duck oot of Ferndale
Brownwood Farms oot of Traverse City
What Would Scooby Do ?

Isabellacat

Waterfront Bistro Cocktail Sauce for shrimp....

sure there are better ones but that's what is in my fridge now and it's tasty. When I cook spaghetti with shrimp I love adding a bit of that cocktail sauce in the spaghetti. Really gives the shrimp a good kick.

yeezuz

Quote from: neighbor664 on November 18, 2011, 11:51:58 PM
Love Stubbs sure it's in every grocery store  but having had it at the source I guess there is a degree of nostalgia factor too.
i have been to lots of shows there and eat the bbq sauce, but have never had bbq at stubb's. that is weird now that i think about it, i am a texan after all.

fresh ground wasabi root will clear your sinuses even if you'd had an 8 ball of coke. i want to try it on oysters so bad now, i just had half dozen over the weekend with the regular old horseradish.

black

Indeed.
I love me some wasabi as much as I love me an 8-Ball.

Isabellacat

Quote from: Jor el on November 22, 2011, 06:35:50 PM

I dig the honey mustard.

There are a couple Michigan brands I love.
Mucky Duck oot of Ferndale
Brownwood Farms oot of Traverse City

lol thanks for the kind reply. i have no idea what the last person said.

I,Galactus

As far as BBQ sauces go, I like Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ on chicken:

For pork and beef, I'm all over the hot Rendezvous:

As far as other condiments give me hot german mustard or give me death, specifically Loewensenf.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c6/Loewensenf_Extra.jpg/320px-Loewensenf_Extra.jpg
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

rayinreverse

my favorite bbq sauce is called Mermaid. Its made by a friend in Philly. Its really good stuff. Good on everything too.

bitter

I like this dressing/marinade but others in the family do not. It's great on chicken and salads.

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

BitterAndTwisted

Quote from: black on November 22, 2011, 06:03:58 PM
Big fan of the spicy mustards. What about horseradish? Any favorites? Regional specialties? I do dig a sinus clearing horseradish.

If you're fond of horseradish you might want to look into getting hold of some "Tewkesbury" mustard.  Mustard and horseradish: now that's an awesome combination. Most especially on rare, cold roast beef.  You could try making your own but it has to be proper, hot English-style mustard.  That bright yellow stuff in the US is much too sweet.  Very good indeed on hot-dogs, though.

My own Americanski favourites which cannot be affordably got here in the UK are Bacon Salt and Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning.  These two are always on my want-list, among other toothsome items, when friends or family travel to your fair shores.
Fucking retards, taste my nuts while getting dunked on.

black

Thanks for the tip! I love good, stoneground/hot mustard and have no love for the horrible, over-prossesed, unnatural yellow stuff that's peddled to the masses over here as mustard. I'm gonna try and hunt down some tewkesbury mustard. Either at some specialty stores or the innerwebs.

Yum!

bitter

Yeah that tewkesbury mustard sounds awesome. I know folks on the east coast dig tiger sauce (Mayo and horseradish) on their roast beef. Both sound like a great combo.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

BitterAndTwisted

Speaking of mustard has given my guilty conscience a tweak.  Over on Ye Olde Site I once promised to send a parcel of different kinds of mustard over to DChamp in an attempt to get him off the sweet American kind.  Got all the mustards together I could find and then lost his address.  I still have some of them in the pantry now.  Not that useful to me as a non-meat-eating typa gal.
Fucking retards, taste my nuts while getting dunked on.

peoplething

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator