When I'm in ____, I like to eat at ______

Started by DustinAR, November 12, 2011, 01:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustinAR

So yeah, favorite places to eat. Local, non-local. Name the city and the place. Might be a good reference the next time you're in a new town that you're not familiar with and want to try a good local eatery.

mortlock

when im in phoenix, i like to eat at filibertos..

Metal and Beer

Hell yeah Mort, good call; in fact when I'm in any southwest/west coast city I find a 24-hr. mexican place with a name ending in "...erto's" and I haven't struck out yet...

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Lumpy

Chicago; La Pasadita (@ Division & Ashland)

That's two steak tacos and a chile relleno taco in the middle (that's what you should order, too)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

DustinAR

Austin, TX - Juan in a Million

Yes, I heard about this place through Man vs. Food. The Don Juan Breakfast Burrito doesn't fuck around though...and it's fairly cheap. I need to get back to Austin soon.

The Shocker

When I'm on the way to New Orleans and I stop in Manchac, I eat at Middendorf's.

Fantastic fresh seafood.

Metal and Beer

Hey Dustin, ever seen the Little Rock episode of Man vs. Food? I keep meaning to check out that hamburger joint in Scott, the hubcap burger or whatnot; ever been there?  The Mean Pig (also featured on that ep) is pretty run of the mill, that show's producers could've picked a better BBQ joint in my opinion (dumping habanero extract into ketchup is pretty lame)
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

I,Galactus

When I'm in Tucson, AZ, I like to eat at BK Carne Asada & Hot Dogs.

http://www.bktacos.com/
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

DustinAR

Quote from: Metal and Beer on November 13, 2011, 03:39:15 PM
Hey Dustin, ever seen the Little Rock episode of Man vs. Food? I keep meaning to check out that hamburger joint in Scott, the hubcap burger or whatnot; ever been there?  The Mean Pig (also featured on that ep) is pretty run of the mill, that show's producers could've picked a better BBQ joint in my opinion (dumping habanero extract into ketchup is pretty lame)

Yep, I saw that one. Funny how there wasn't actually any restaurants represented that were located in Little Rock. Surprisingly, I've never been to Cotham's, but I want to. They have one in the city but its only open for lunch through the week. Never been to Mean Pig either, I've heard its alright. The Shut Up Juice is supposed to be ridiculous though, heard a few stories about that.

I,Galactus

Quote from: deaner33 on November 13, 2011, 07:46:45 AM
When I'm on the way to New Orleans and I stop in Manchac, I eat at Middendorf's.

Fantastic fresh seafood.

Fuck yeah!  Glad to hear this place still exists; I'd heard rumors of Katrina-related destruction.  Epic catfish.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

whoshotthefrog

When i'm in my girlfriends kitchen, I like to eat her homemade loaded French toast.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

SpaceTrucker

On our way to west by God virgina we stop at this BBQ place, just before the big dinosours. If you've been that route, you'll know, put the DINO's to directly to your right, and drive strait about a mile, it'll be on your right, across from a big cornfield. Best pulled pork sammich for miles.

mortlock

Quote from: whoshotthefrog on November 16, 2011, 09:18:53 AM
When i'm in my girlfriends kitchen, I like to eat her homemade loaded French toast.
if i ever find myself in your girlfriends kitchen, id like to try that, it sounds pretty good..

Isabellacat

When I'm in San Bruno,CA, I like to eat at Arby's!

Also...

When I'm in Orlando,FL, I like to eat at this awesome Italian fast food restaurant called Fazoli's. There's one thing I have to say about the South and they've got better food than Californian's,no joke.
Why is that? Same with the East Coast....why they have White Castle burgers and SF do'nt have that? :(

All we got is Jack in the Crack and McD's every quarter mile....not even In and Out burgers here in the city either. Closest A&W Burger joint is in San Rafael...  >:(

mortlock

Quote from: Isabellacat on November 19, 2011, 12:20:28 AM

Also...

When I'm in Orlando,FL, I like to eat at this awesome Italian fast food restaurant called Fazoli's. There's one thing I have to say about the South and they've got better food than Californian's,no joke.
Why is that? Same with the East Coast....why they have White Castle burgers and SF do'nt have that? :(

All we got is Jack in the Crack and McD's every quarter mile....not even In and Out burgers here in the city either. Closest A&W Burger joint is in San Rafael...  >:(
you are sooo in need of an east coast style burger place..

Isabellacat

Quote from: mortlock on November 19, 2011, 12:38:42 AM
Quote from: Isabellacat on November 19, 2011, 12:20:28 AM

Also...

you are sooo in need of an east coast style burger place..

I bet burger places are better in New York. For instance, why do y'all got White Castle and we don't? That's no fair!

mortlock

you need schallers or vic and irvs in rochester ny..best burgers ever..not to mention the dogs, onion rings and fries and mac..

Isabellacat

Damn that looks good... There are decent burger places here in SF but they're expensive,like 20 bucks a burger.

Whenever I get too stoned to cook I order from this 24 hour joint called Sparky's Diner near my house. They're usually good but last time they disappointed me tho. Bread was all soggy and the burger tasted cold.

I can cook better burgers myself than most of these places. I love putting onions in the burger patties White Castle style. I never been to NY tho....heard it's a tough place.

mortlock

vic and irvs accepts bogo coupons from competitors..totally awesome..

SpaceTrucker

Baltimore has some of the best food on the east coast, trust me, I've been to P.A i've been to the virginias the south has good home cooked food but eating out is tough. You gotta know where the good spots are.

The Shocker

Quote from: SpaceTrucker on November 18, 2011, 09:07:35 PM
On our way to west by God virgina we stop at this BBQ place, just before the big dinosours. If you've been that route, you'll know, put the DINO's to directly to your right, and drive strait about a mile, it'll be on your right, across from a big cornfield. Best pulled pork sammich for miles.

Random! I drove by those Dino's on the way to Baltimore one time.

Sent from my fuckin phone using Tapatalk.