Fender just keeps getting better...

Started by RacerX, November 20, 2011, 03:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pundan

Quote from: clockwork green on November 21, 2011, 09:25:46 PM
Quote from: Pundan on November 21, 2011, 02:11:11 PM
My friend is building me a doomy, maghogany Jaguar-bodied guitar.
Down tuning and short scale necks are not usually a great combo.
We're building the whole thing from scratch ourselves (it's his second guitar) so I guess we'll make it work. He really just wants to build another guitar so we'll make a fun project of it. He bought the fretboard for his last guitar, everything else he made himself. I want a Les Paul-like neck, it's going to be one ugly fucker. :)

strangelight

$750 is kinda steep for me. musicians' friend has a gently used one for $600, but i dunno... goddammit, it's so pretty. maybe there'll be post-christmas sales.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

moose23

Quote from: justinhedrick on November 22, 2011, 09:12:08 AM
Quote from: RacerX on November 22, 2011, 08:38:10 AM
Yeah, I don't think the Jag is the best for low tunings. If I get the fucker, it'll be set up in open E as a dedicated slide guitar

works well enough for the guy from fu manchu . . . scott hill, maybe?

Didn't/don't they just tune to drop D?

justinhedrick

Quote from: moose23 on November 22, 2011, 01:01:13 PM
Quote from: justinhedrick on November 22, 2011, 09:12:08 AM
Quote from: RacerX on November 22, 2011, 08:38:10 AM
Yeah, I don't think the Jag is the best for low tunings. If I get the fucker, it'll be set up in open E as a dedicated slide guitar

works well enough for the guy from fu manchu . . . scott hill, maybe?

Didn't/don't they just tune to drop D?

i think they are down a full step across the board. some of their stuff is in drop c, i want to say.

clockwork green

Quote from: SunnO))) on November 22, 2011, 11:02:10 AM
Quote from: strangelight on November 22, 2011, 10:38:11 AM
Quote from: fallen on November 20, 2011, 07:25:01 PM

i came.

holy shit, how much is this? i love teles and have been thinking about a hollowbody with P90s or humbuckers. alls i got now are some single coil shits.

750ish.
If this just had a bridge P90 and a wraparound bridge kinda like a Les Paul jr, Fender style I'd be all over it.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Chovie D

I was looking at that photo thinking "but it DOES have a bridge p-90! what the hell is he talking aboot?"

then it occured to me maybe you wanted it to not have neck pickup?

fallen

The black one with the F hole Fender says is 24.75" scale so it should downtune as well as an SG does.

I found one for $500 one CL but the guy never emailed me back... typical Craigslist flakiness.

mawso

Quote from: fallen on November 22, 2011, 07:43:15 PM
The black one with the F hole Fender says is 24.75" scale so it should downtune as well as an SG does.

longer scale guitars downtune just fine.

the diddler

Quote from: strangelight on November 22, 2011, 11:54:33 AM
$750 is kinda steep for me. musicians' friend has a gently used one for $600, but i dunno... goddammit, it's so pretty. maybe there'll be post-christmas sales.

Sweetwater has the 3 payment thing on that sweet tele.  If you can swing 250/month for three months, might be worth considering.  They'll send it to ya after the first payment is made.

VOLVO)))

What the fuck, diddler? Now I have to fucking buy one.

fucking fuck.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

strangelight

oh man... i might have to buy it now. fuck.

thanks diddler.

the diddler

I know, shit.  Now I'm seriously considering it too.  Can't think which of the guitars i already have i'd want to get rid of- trying to do the "1 in, 1 out" GAS management plan,  Hasn't worked for shit with amps yet................

Chovie D

That may very well be a fine guitar up there but its not very telecaster-like to my eyes.
The very things that define a telecaster other than the body shape are all missing. single coils, clunky three saddle bridge, slab body.
>:(

RacerX

Those are still single coils, old man.  ;)
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Worthless Willie

Chovie's right, that ain't no Tele.

Those are Teles.
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

Discö Rice

I prefer the 72 Tele Deluxe with the two wide range HB's.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

xayk

Quote from: Discö Rice on November 28, 2011, 07:38:11 PM
I prefer the 72 Tele Deluxe with the two wide range HB's.

Prefer as in own/play?  I have a Strat neck I don't want to make another Strat out of, and I'm angling for a '72 Tele Deluxe.  Open for opinions and/or body and pick up suggestions!

Discö Rice

I have played them and I enjoy that sound quite a bit. Even with a shit ton of gain they maintain plenty of snarl. I like snarl.

As for pup/body suggestions - Fender wide range HB's and an alder (standard) or (even bitey-er) ash body. YYYAAARRRR!!!!
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

grimniggzy

Man, I've been finding myself eyeing the Jaguar from the OP lately. Awesome looking guitar but I'm controlling myself until I get my tax return at least.

cat shepard

I play a jazzmaster. It's all i got, it's all I need. I am gonna put in FTW on my jazzmaster just now decided it. One day it's gonna come to your town.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: RacerX on November 20, 2011, 03:28:39 PM
I'm in love:

I like the looks of this thing and suspect it sounds awesome.