Main Menu

Speaker question

Started by Clydesdale, November 21, 2011, 09:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clydesdale

Has anyone had any experience with Eminence V128 and WGS British Lead 80? I've got a hook on these speakers for a nice price.

I've have a 2 x12 that needs some speakers and maybe these two would do the job? The idea would be adding this cab with my orange V30 cab and my sound city 120.

All of the legend reviews seen quite good, but mixed reviews on the WGS speaker.

As per usual these reviews come from people that dont really do the heavy doom/drone sound. Its a bit hard to get a good idea without hearing these.

Anyway any first hand feedback would be great.

Cheers

yesca

hmm im in the same boat as you i also have a 2x12 that needs some speakers and ive had my eye on some eminence speakers. either the red fangs or man o wars are the ones ive been wanting. to be honest i dont think you can go wrong with some eminence speakers

dunwichamps

Weber 65s. the Silver Bells also very good.

I trying out the Fanes clones they offer 2 soon on my emperor

Mr. Foxen

The Eminence is nearly 2db more sensitive than the WGS, the V30 sits in the middle, so I'd probably us either with the V30, but not both together. I'm not really into mixing speakers though, knowing they'll be close miced, so I wanna here as close to what the mic is as I can.

Clydesdale

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on November 22, 2011, 07:11:17 AM
The Eminence is nearly 2db more sensitive than the WGS, the V30 sits in the middle, so I'd probably us either with the V30, but not both together. I'm not really into mixing speakers though, knowing they'll be close miced, so I wanna here as close to what the mic is as I can.
yeah there is a difference for sure, but they could be a possible match. The v30 are there to stay in the mix. But need to sort the 2x12 cab out with something that complements the orange v30 cab and sounds cool on its own.
Quote from: dunwichamps on November 22, 2011, 12:13:03 AM
Weber 65s. the Silver Bells also very good.

I trying out the Fanes clones they offer 2 soon on my emperor
Ive heard great things about weber, I wish they were more readily available in my area