Main Menu

New High on Fire

Started by justinhedrick, November 26, 2011, 11:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinhedrick

in a different video from the same show you can see that pike is using 2 soldano heads and emperor cabs. must have got rid of the kerry king marshall.

also, no 9 string. have to say that i'm a bit bummed about that . . .

clockwork green

I'm glad the 9 is gone...Matt with anything other than a Les Paul is weird. In the video miss kitty posted in gen disc it was good to see there's a new slow song too.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

justinhedrick

Quote from: clockwork green on November 26, 2011, 12:54:56 PM
I'm glad the 9 is gone...Matt with anything other than a Les Paul is weird. In the video miss kitty posted in gen disc it was good to see there's a new slow song too.

yeah, i like both the 9 and the paul, but i have to say that i wish his tone was thicker. but then again, i guess it wouldn't be high on fire without some high end.

blackkrosses

Seems a while ago I remember reading about a Blackstar endorsement? Weird. I've never seen him play any.

No Blackstar, no First Act.

Blueberry Lazer

he used all blackstar shit when i saw him play with sleep over the summer. And it sounded grand.

blackkrosses

I'm sure whatever he plays he'll get his sound out of the gear.

Dr. Skeeter

Matt Pike could play a string on a stick and it would sound fucking metal.

VOLVO)))

I thought those blackstar amps were a joke.

Wannabe Soldanos, ended up sounding like the preamp was a Metalzone.

Fuck that.

New HoF better be godly. I'm still jamming AoSD for that tone...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Riffer

Sounds great IMO.
I am really stoked to hear the record, Jeff said the Pharaoh will be all over it. Guitar and Bass. If so, I could die tomorrow a happy man.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

bitter

I tried one of the blackstars when the brand first came out. The model was like a single channel plexi, but it had some weird multi-position voicing switch. I think it was a messed up floor demo model as all it did was squeal. Maybe the tubes were were going?

Seems like all their little amps have preamps designed off of the pedals they make. Probably why the amps sound like metalzones.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

blackkrosses

Quote from: SunnO))) on November 26, 2011, 04:43:31 PM
I thought those blackstar amps were a joke.

Wannabe Soldanos, ended up sounding like the preamp was a Metalzone.

Fuck that.

New HoF better be godly. I'm still jamming AoSD for that tone...

I'm with you there. Thought it was crazy talk when I heard he was using them.

peyotepeddler

pretty meh after that tone wise

clockwork green

"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Blueberry Lazer

i prefer the surrounded by thieves tone. Same set up though

bitter

Quote from: Blueberry Lazer on November 27, 2011, 08:12:22 AM
i prefer the surrounded by thieves tone. Same set up though

I do too, but nothing wrong with TAOSD. People complain about the mix being too dark but I think its fine.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

hashbrowns

I like the tone on their later albums as well it's just not as doom. On DITC the tone is great and because Pike's tone is less fat the bass can be heard real well in the mix. I like all of their albums equally but I'm a huge fan of thrash and speed metal as well as doom so I dug the change of direction.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

Blueberry Lazer

Quote from: Blueberry Lazer on November 26, 2011, 02:15:01 PM

that was great. Des is what makes this band and i dont even play drums. I like everything that they have put out and im super excited about this. I wonder if Pike is using his new black arts toneworks pharoah fuzz pedal on this song. From what I gathered that pedal played a big part in the writing process of the new album. Meaning way to go to TheRiffer (of jam room fame) for making awesome equipment for awesome bands to get awesome tones through
!

Quoting myself from the other forum. Cuz i'm that badass

Dr. Skeeter

I think revisiting this style came about because of "Bastard Samauri". I read in an interview that he said a lot of people really dug that because it's more doomy so I guess he decided it'd be cool to go that route again. He digs it too.

Isabellacat

Those new riffs are really catchy and heavy. I wonder how the new songs will sound like on the new album tho. Hope they sound the same as they do on the live vids.