Main Menu

Line 6 toneport

Started by bass sic, November 29, 2011, 12:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bass sic

Anybody record with the line 6 toneport UX2? I'm using this into Reaper and there's a delay in my monitors. It's recording real time but the delay is fucking me up, in both headset or monitor. What am I doing wrong?

Chovie D

I use one but dont know what your doin wrong. i think i had that at first also, and it was a simple setting fix. ???
I also had a white noise blast problem, every 5 minutes id get this blast of white noise. I had to buy a powered usb hub to fix that.

Its been a good device for me tho, lasted years, effect and amp models are quite good, very functional, easy once you get it setup.

Id try a more Line6 toneport specific forum to ask your question for better resukts.

Worthless Willie

Not familiar with that gadget, but is there a "low latency" setting anywhere?
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

Chovie D

Its actually a ZERO latency device due to its monitoring system. It has its own soundcard. Line 6 calls this "tone direct monitoring" . Bass sic needs to be sure hes (or she?)using the soundcard in the UX2, not the one in his computer or he will get the latency he describes. His headphones need to be plugged into the ux2 headphone jack, not the soundcard or he needs to be monitoring thru the 1/4 outs from the UX2. I beleive the option to monitor thru the Ux2's soundcard, which is what you want, was handled thru the DAW, but its been so long aI cannot remember for sure. In my case that would be the now defunct Tracktion 3.
I dont know how Reaper handles it.

bass sic

I'm (he) running the monitors from the 1/4 analog jacks, and it does it also from the headphone jack. I'll have to look deeper into the soundcard theory. Also I don't know of it's an issue, bit I'm not using podfarm, just direct to reaper.

bass sic

I downloaded Pod farm and after screwing around for awhile I got it working right. I guess you have to go thru Podfarm or gearbox or something. Its gonna take some time to get the hang of it all, such as multi tracking and stuff. Ill get there.

Chovie D

I dont know what podfarm is. The 'gearbox' is the software interface for the ux2. I took it for granted that youd be going thru that.

so you had just the hardware hooked up and were running thru the ux2 direct into reaper without using the ux2 interface (gearbox)on your computer?

bass sic

Yea, UX2 straight into reaper. Pod farm is a download from line 6 which I guess is pretty much the same as gearbox. Or so Im told.

Chovie D

Quote from: bass sic on November 29, 2011, 04:45:37 PM
Yea, UX2 straight into reaper. Pod farm is a download from line 6 which I guess is pretty much the same as gearbox. Or so Im told.

well , glad you got it figured out, have fun