ABY splitter with tuner output question

Started by Discö Rice, November 29, 2011, 04:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Quote from: RAGER on November 29, 2011, 08:02:22 PM
Quote from: RAGER on November 29, 2011, 07:43:41 PM
But running multiple amps like that without isolation transformers can give you wicked hum and some other shit that aint nice

I was serious about this statement though.

Word.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

chille01

I would take the Radial over that Nady. I don't think the Nady would even do what you want (it's a mixer, not a splitter). The other thing you could look for is an audio DA (distribution amplifier). Unlike the Radial, it would be active and make sure all of the outputs run just as hot as the input. Might find something like that in the studio or live sound section.  But I bet the radial would work just fine.

moose23

The AMZ Mosfet buffered splitter would be a good option if someone could build one for you, it's what I'd use if I were running 2 or 3 amps. There's a very good chance of losing quite a bit of signal when you split it three ways. Next step up is using a transformer on each signal so they're completely isolated but 9 times out of ten you'll be grand with just the Mosfets for buffering and isolating signal. You should also probably consider phase issues when running this many different amps.

chille01

That Radial has a phase reverse switch for the B output. Doesn't look like it does for the tuner out. With balanced cables you can make a phase reverse cable very easily. Not sure how you'd pull it off with unbalanced cables though.

justinhedrick

Quote from: chille01 on November 30, 2011, 09:41:58 AM
That Radial has a phase reverse switch for the B output. Doesn't look like it does for the tuner out. With balanced cables you can make a phase reverse cable very easily. Not sure how you'd pull it off with unbalanced cables though.

if it's to fix simple phase issues you could always "fix it downstream" with a phase reverse speaker cable.

Chovie D

I gotta ask why anyone would want to run 3 bass amps at once? i understand two at once, to blend two tones Ive seen Jared from Melvins do that, but it seems like any more than two would=mud.

cat shepard

What kind of amps are they? Surely they have some sort of pre-amp out or direct out and you can just run em into each other with patch cables?

core9

The Radial is THE SHIT!  I don't run 3 amps off it, but I am running two and the phase inverter is sick....MONSTER TONE!

http://facebook.com/cursetheson

Discö Rice

They're each running to different speaker cabs, each with different configurations and EQ's. I dunno. Probably not how I'd do it, but it's not my setup.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.