White Dog Whiskey

Started by The Shocker, November 30, 2011, 09:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

Just bought this at the liquor store:

Any recommendations about how I should drink it?

mortlock

i have never seen a clear whiskey..weird.

The Shocker

It's apparently the new thing.  I don't drink liquor straight anymore, but I may have to have a sip of this.  Still wonder how people drink it mixed though.

Metal and Beer

A mixer choice to me would be based on the quality of the spirit. There are incredibly shitty clear whiskies that absolutely require a mixer just to get it down your gullet (Georgia Moon™ immediately comes to mind...hoo boy that shit's for killing weeds) and there are super clean brands that are so pristine and badass you wouldn't want to taint 'em with some bullshit sugar water. (Arkansas Lightning, fucking awesome)

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

The Shocker

OK, I broke down and had some over ice.  It tasted pretty damn close to a good Blanco Tequila without that twang.  I may try it in a Margarita to see how it does.  It's a little too raw for me to drink straight, but then again I don't really drink any liquor straight.

mortlock

i dont want a whiskey that goes down like a tequila

dogfood

White dog is the name for bourbon whiskey before it is aged in the flame burnt oak barrels.  I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for some now I know it's being marketed.
Problem solving whiskey!