The entire Matt Pike guitar lesson

Started by VOLVO))), December 01, 2011, 05:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

hashbrowns

Holy shit dude the intro to turk is insane. I love that song and I didn't even realize that's what he was doing until I saw him play it. He slides into like 7 powerchords in about a second flat what the fuck. Matt is a really gnarly player man. I love the way those huge chords sound with the nine string. So full and articulate. The tone on death is this communion is friggin sweet even though it's a departure for them and a lot more modern metal style.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

justinhedrick

i've watched this thing about 10 times. it's pretty awesome.

i wonder if he is going to go back to his older tone on the new stuff?

SpaceTrucker

when I get my guitar fixed im gonna learn all those songs. I already knew a little of turk I figured he was sliding around like the music video for rumors of war. I'm used to sliding guitar chords. its just the accuracy thats the bitch.

hashbrowns

Yeah it's not that I can't play its still really impressive how clean he does that slide.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

SpaceTrucker

hell yeah, but trying it on bass is even more of a bitch (with labella flatwounds, my fucking slides go all over the place gonna been wanting to go back to rounds but I spent 50$s on them.) ???

The Shocker

Dragonaut is still my favorite after all these years.

hashbrowns

Yeah I prefer rounds for sure. I just like a little bit of growl and pop to my bass strings when I pluck them.

fallen

I actually learned a couple of things from that but damn those high octaves on the 9 string sound amazing.

hashbrowns

Quote from: fallen on December 03, 2011, 02:34:09 AM
I actually learned a couple of things from that but damn those high octaves on the 9 string sound amazing.

Dude those high strings sound so incredible. I love when he talks about the "wash" those sound so good. A lot of people on here talk shit about the tone on death is this communion but I'm a big thrash and modern metal fan so to me it's friggin incredible.

Jake

His technical progession is enjoyable, but goddamn, those Sleep riff just GROOVE so much harder.
poop.