Post pics of your practice space!

Started by Discö Rice, December 04, 2011, 01:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitter

All I got is the cat's shitter box  :-X
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

Sounds better much better than it looks, for what it's worth.

apekillman

disco, how do you have those kicks secured together?   and do you hit the rim on the floor tom (sideways kick) accidentally? 

Discö Rice

Well, since they're both 22" drums, the hoop from the front drum slides right over the shell of the rear drum. Put the legs on the front drum all the way out, leverage and gravity do the rest. I used to bang my knuckles every now and then, but over the years I've figured out the proper placement and angle to keep my tender digits wound free. Also I keep the less obtrusive standard lugs in the area my right hand passes over, so the T-rods are generally not in the path my hand most often takes.

neighbor664

apekillman

So the kicks aren't physically joined and secured?  Just butted tightly together?   And I just now noticed the lugs after you mentioned that.

Discö Rice

The rear drum fits inside the rear hoop of the front drum, because there's no front hoop on the rear drum. the drums aren't bolted or glued together, but they stay where they are quite nicely.

Neighbor - yep, giganto drums and tiny lady. Also to answer your question from another thread, that's the tasty lawsuit bass in her hands in that picture.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Riffer

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Woody

grimniggzy

wish i had even 1/2 the amount of room most of you guys do.

even when my old band had a monthly room that shit was like a closet and way too expensive.

Woody

We're lucky that we have a huge space at an affordable rate. It's kind of out of the way for half the band and up 3 flights of stairs but is totally safe and we can play as loud as we want as long as we want.

mutantcolors

Yo Riffer, soundproofing is my specialty, get at me if you want some guidance. Looks like you're on the right track.

apekillman

disco, i get how the back and front drum fit in to just one hoop.  just wasn't sure if you then bound them together or anything.

The Riffer

Quote from: mutantcolors on March 20, 2012, 02:57:44 PM
Yo Riffer, soundproofing is my specialty, get at me if you want some guidance. Looks like you're on the right track.
I definitely would like any opinions on this. My neighbors are not digging the volume I produce, anything to help take the edge off would be great..I am pretty in the dark about the soundproofing thing..
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

VOLVO)))

All of these places/amps/etc make me want to die.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 20, 2012, 06:17:41 PM
All of these places/amps/etc make me want to die.

Quit yer bitchin, some can say the same about your setup...

mutantcolors

Riffer: PM. I make my $ off this shit.

For anyone else: you're only as soundproof as your weakest link.

Discö Rice

Quote from: apekillman on March 20, 2012, 05:55:47 PM
disco, i get how the back and front drum fit in to just one hoop.  just wasn't sure if you then bound them together or anything.
Nah. If they were lighter drums I might have to. I've considered using some Gibraltar floor tom leg brackets and some kind of appropriately sized textured steel rods, but that's more money than I want to spend on something I don't have a need for.

Lumpy

Woody, what neighborhood is your jam spot in? Is that somebody's living space too?

Dang.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

My living room is where I practice for the time being, beings as I'm not doing the band thing right now.  just my drums and a couple of cabs down in the jam room :-\

No Focus Pocus

The Riffer

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB