Post pics of your practice space!

Started by Discö Rice, December 04, 2011, 01:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discö Rice

Just moved in yesterday.

My bass player decided to go with two amps, one powering that 1x18, one powering the 8x10. Those, plus my gigantic drums in an 8.5x9 room means I can't even set up all my gear (missing my left and right-most cymbals. The trash stack I can live without. The china kinda hurts.). It's cheap though, so it'll do for now, I guess.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

bass sic

Might want to ditch the 8x10 for a cramped practice spot. Can you make noise at all hours?

Metal and Beer

Stack them thar bass cabs to gain cymbal room?

No jam room here, I've been outta commission since September; first dry spell since 2006.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Discö Rice

haha yeah I mentioned the stacking thing. I may work on her a bit more about it. Her argument against is that she's very short, and that would put her heads up out of reach, not only that, but the floor's kind of uneven (making things wobbly as they are), and she's worried about being crushed if things should topple over, especially since there's nowhere to run. I'm willing to sacrifice some non-essentials for her safety and comfort (for now, at least  ;) ).

I didn't realize you were in a dry spell, M&B. Where you gonna practice on that spankin' new drumset?

Discö Rice

Quote from: bass sic on December 04, 2011, 02:35:10 PM
Might want to ditch the 8x10 for a cramped practice spot. Can you make noise at all hours?

I don't think that 8x10 is going anywhere for the moment. It was previously owned by one Todd A. of Cop Shoot Cop. Having it there feels like owning one of those ancient crystal skulls or something. :) Just looking at it makes me wanna play my guts out.

Metal and Beer

That fridge belonged to Cop Shoot Cop? That's awesome indeed..

Dry spell for band activity right now, I live 25-30 miles outside of town (away from everybody else basically...) but I have the drums in a spare upstairs room.

hashbrowns

Thats a pretty fuckin raunchy little rehearsal space. That must sound so fucking intense the sound has no where to go haha. I'll post pics of my band Black Tar Lung's rehearsal space soon.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

zachoff

Old pic... Different setup, some different gear, same space..

hashbrowns

I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

zachoff

No, just one.  We share a space w/ another band & that's their kit.

The Shocker

Hemisaurus

Quote from: hashbrowns on December 05, 2011, 02:24:00 PM

Whoa does your band have two drummers? If so, kickass!
Oh, there's an Atlanta band does that, used to be a bassist and drummer, then it was a bassist and two drummers, and the name is on the tip of my tongue, anybody??

Chovie D

Quote from: Discö Rice on December 04, 2011, 04:31:22 PM

I don't think that 8x10 is going anywhere for the moment. It was previously owned by one Todd A. of Cop Shoot Cop. Having it there feels like owning one of those ancient crystal skulls or something. :) Just looking at it makes me wanna play my guts out.

we inherited cop shoot cops practice space in brooklyn back in the 90's. It belonged to Elvis 77 if you remember them?(mans ruin band briefly)
some interesting items in that space. graffitti on the wall that read "may 25, the last day I will ever do heroin."
In the backyard they had a peice of core ten steel 6x6 with their setlist burned thru it  with an oxyacetelyne torch!
Quite a statement to write your setlist in steel. Its on the back cover of their album "Release".
Walking into the studio one day with my guitar, there was a group of 3 Latin Kings hanging out on the stoop. They asked if I was in cop shoot cop and asked if they  still practiced there and said "those motherfuckers were good, i saw em on mtv and shit, dont worry we'll keep an eye out for your stuff" :D
Then one day I opened the door ot the dark studio and stepped down into 2 feet of standing water. The toilet had overflowed all night long and the place was flooded. My strat was on a stand and the water was up to the first pickup. There is still a water line on my strat to this day. Everything else dried out fine, except the kick drum which warped beyond repair. Good times.

what a great band that was.

I,Galactus

Quote from: Hemisaurus on December 05, 2011, 02:37:55 PM
Quote from: hashbrowns on December 05, 2011, 02:24:00 PM

Whoa does your band have two drummers? If so, kickass!
Oh, there's an Atlanta band does that, used to be a bassist and drummer, then it was a bassist and two drummers, and the name is on the tip of my tongue, anybody??

KYLESA's got two drummers.  They're from Savannah, though.

Attitude Problem (former facedowninshit members) toured as a two drums and bass instrumental deal.  Don't remember where they were from.  I lost their cassette tape.  :(
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Metal and Beer

I dig Chovie's Cop Shoot Cop story, I recall it from the old board...

Subrig Destroyer? They're from GA and I seem to recall they're guitaristless (maybe two bassers though as opposed to two drummistists?)

Discö Rice

Quote from: Chovie D on December 05, 2011, 02:53:18 PM
Quote from: Discö Rice on December 04, 2011, 04:31:22 PM

we inherited cop shoot cops practice space in brooklyn back in the 90's. It belonged to Elvis 77 if you remember them?(mans ruin band briefly)
some interesting items in that space. graffitti on the wall that read "may 25, the last day I will ever do heroin."
In the backyard they had a peice of core ten steel 6x6 with their setlist burned thru it  with an oxyacetelyne torch!
Quite a statement to write your setlist in steel. Its on the back cover of their album "Release".
Walking into the studio one day with my guitar, there was a group of 3 Latin Kings hanging out on the stoop. They asked if I was in cop shoot cop and asked if they  still practiced there and said "those motherfuckers were good, i saw em on mtv and shit, dont worry we'll keep an eye out for your stuff" :D
Then one day I opened the door ot the dark studio and stepped down into 2 feet of standing water. The toilet had overflowed all night long and the place was flooded. My strat was on a stand and the water was up to the first pickup. There is still a water line on my strat to this day. Everything else dried out fine, except the kick drum which warped beyond repair. Good times.

what a great band that was.
Damn. Hallowed ground, that.

Sucks about the damaged equipment. My old band had a practice space in a storage building, and there was a guy who was... uh... quite slow, extremely smelly, and constantly soused. He ended up burning his space down one night, completely carbonizing his gear, and destroyed most of the gear in the space next to his.Thanks to a shoddy design in the walls, smoke billowed throughout the building, coating everyone else's gear in a thick, sticky layer of ash and creosote.  It took my guitar player 2 weeks to clean out her her rig. She had to buy all new tubes, and no matter how much she scrubbed, she never quite got the smell out. My drums and cymbals were a nightmare to clean, too. Luckily everything still worked, but I don't think I've ever been as mad at a retarded person as I was then.

justinhedrick

my band used to plan in an old train depot from the late 1800s. anyone who rides the amtrak from new orleans to chicago would go right past it. we actually played in what used to be the waiting area. one night the ceiling fell in because it rained so much. our gear was fine, but the band that shared the space had to dump water out of their jcm 800s and their drum kit. bad stuff. plus the caretaker (not the landlord, he is actually a nice guy) refused to take any responsibility for it.

i drank a lot of beers in that space.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Metal and Beer on December 05, 2011, 03:37:21 PM
I dig Chovie's Cop Shoot Cop story, I recall it from the old board...

Subrig Destroyer? They're from GA and I seem to recall they're guitaristless (maybe two bassers though as opposed to two drummistists?)
That's the guys, and I'm going back a couple o' years. We heard from some other dudes we were playing with that they had gained an extra drummer, to be a Melvin's style band, minus the buzzo.

Isabellacat

Quote from: zachoff on December 05, 2011, 02:22:14 PM
Old pic... Different setup, some different gear, same space..

y'all should put up some rad posters. i bet there's like comicbooks in there boxes too? that would be rad.

RAGER

It would be cooler if it was just invoices and tax records and shit like that.  paste it all over
No Focus Pocus

zachoff

Quote from: RAGER on December 05, 2011, 10:08:11 PM
It would be cooler if it was just invoices and tax records and shit like that.  paste it all over

This is probably more like it...  It's the back room of a warehouse but it's padlocked and alarmed and only $100/mo so we're stoked on it.  Plus the boxes of paper are decent at quelling the reverb off the brick walls.

Metal and Beer

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

blackkrosses

Quite the stack job. Is that another Acoustic head neatly between the Marshall and Laney stacks? Heavy Tetris. Bravo.