there's drumming and then there's drumming

Started by liquidsmoke, December 14, 2011, 06:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

oh man, they need treasure cat's bass player, this drummer, eddy van halen and joe cocker all in the same band.

that would slay all and all that's to come. word.

hashbrowns

Ha I love how bands like that can take a perfectly good tune and completely rob it of anything that made it enjoyable.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

Harm

More faithfulfew right here.

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

franksnbeans

Looks like he's having a good time.  Nothing wrong with that.

Dave J

^^what franksnbeans said^^  I would go to the show just to watch him.  funny as shit.
"I wish I could talk in technicolor." -- volunteer housewife during acid experiment circa 1956

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me now!
It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how."
--Cat In The Hat

inductorguitars

Sharp Dressed man?

Yup

The drummer is the only good thing about this band. (And he probably knows it.)

liquidsmoke

Cocaine and LSD maybe? haha
Very weird to watch. The guy has skills for sure though.

jibberish

here is some treasure cat if you never saw them. the bass player is the highlight of the night.

and here's joe heh

and eddie lol

supa group right there heh.

Isabellacat

inductorguitars

The treasure cat reminds me of Sharon Tate's Baby.

STB was a Chicago metal rap band, saw them a few times at Medusa's. Their freaking bass player (and drummer) were the real reason to go see them. Not even going to try to find a video.

apekillman

Isn't treasure cat somehow related to karma to burn?

Metal and Beer

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

chlorpromazine

I've seen that vid pop up on facebook over the past year or so accompanied by captions like "BEST DRUMMER EVAR" and some such shit. Fuck them, especially that shithead drummer.

Treasure Cat was pretty good, tho.

mortlock

weasel walter..chris corsano..the two current best drummers on the planet..

jibberish

heh, i was just trying to think of a band made of equally "personalitied" performers to go with that drummer.

then they call themselves "cripple fight"

could you imagine all 4 of them doing their thing at once on stage lol.

HeavyEar

kinda funny Stonehenge style stage and, Motown? Elvis? suits. Look's like the drummer is copping George Hurley both in hair (1:36) and the over\under hi-hat fancyness. Hurley, of course, had feel and finesses. Okay but that drummer is pretty okay, looks like a fun a band for the suburban crowd. Hell, it probably even pays! I got no complaints good for the right crowd.

Hurley
"searching in the sun for another overload"

I,Galactus

Quote from: mortlock on December 22, 2011, 01:33:07 AM
weasel walter..chris corsano..the two current best drummers on the planet..

Weasel Walter!  That guy was supposed to start playing in Behold... the Arktopus, but then I never heard anything beyond the announcement...  Thanks for nothing Mick Barr!   >:(

I'd also put in a vote for Zach Hill, becuase I dig his crazy-ass solo stuff just as much as his drumming.

OT:  I'm pretty sure the drummer in that vid spend a lot of time in drum corps (aka marching band for grown ups).

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"