Peavey Foundation 5...Yes or No?

Started by Hemisaurus, December 30, 2011, 03:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

I've been looking to trade my SS Ampeg head for a Peavey Grind 5, kind of my dream bass. Someone's offered me a Foundation 5 instead, anyone got any experience and opinions?

Does it balance well, don't care if it's heavy, as long as it's not neck heavy, and I do kinda fancy a maple fingerboard for a change, but it's not neck-thru and it's not humbuckers.

So open call for ya.

VOLVO)))

Get the grind. I have one my bassist uses. Its the tits.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Yeah, no-one has actually offered to trade me a Grind though ;D I know it's the tits, I play them every time I'm in a store with them, just can't convince myself to outlay $400 on another bass, I'd rather trade, then mentally I can convince myself I haven't actually spent anything.

moose23

I'd say hold out on the grind unless you would have a better chance of flogging the foundation and putting the money towards a grind.

hashbrowns

I dunno that grind looked really well constructed whereas the foundation looked sorta dinky and they're value is way different. Try and get the grind you'll just have to have patience.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Well unusually, no-one actually had an opinion on what I asked, so I headed on over to Harmony Central, I'm gonna make the trade.