SunnO))) & Metal Dave Appreciation

Started by grimniggzy, January 07, 2012, 04:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grimniggzy

It seems the leftrighty Strat (from the free stuff thread) is completed. Many thanks fellas.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: grimniggzy on January 07, 2012, 04:15:35 PM
It seems the leftrighty Strat (from the free stuff thread) is very near completion. Many thanks fellas.

Aaaaaayyyy! It's done, already!

Fun fact: I ride the volume knob with my forearm for dynamic effect!
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

liquidsmoke

That's a neat looking geetar and Mr. Hendrix could rock a crazy awesome shirt like no other.

Metal and Beer

Hell yeah, you gussied 'er up nicely !  Cheers fellas
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

The Shocker

SunnO))) is aces.  He's a better tech than the dudes in my town that charge $50+ for a setup.  I only wish I lived closer to him so we could hang out.

grimniggzy

Sick! True that, deaner. Wish it wouldn't cost me an arm & a leg to ship him every piece of gear of mine that needs touching up. I'll definitely have to find a way to employ your services again though, Jake. Thanks a million.

Hemisaurus

What you need is to schedule a tour and tech, setup a show for Sunn0)))'s band, put them up for a couple of days, Day#1 he'll tech your stuff, Day#2 play the show. If you all get together you can put together a nice little tour ;)

The Shocker

Quote from: grimniggzy on January 07, 2012, 06:04:56 PM
Sick! True that, deaner. Wish it wouldn't cost me an arm & a leg to ship him every piece of gear of mine that needs touching up. I'll definitely have to find a way to employ your services again though, Jake. Thanks a million.

Fedex account + living only 2 states away means I can ship a guitar round trip to him for between $25-$30 depending on the guitar's weight.  I've offered to pay him, but he declines.  I have sent him a few gifts though.

grimniggzy

Word, he tried to pull the old "ah, I don't charge friends"-shit with me this time after he fixed a pedal for me for nothing before. I wasn't having it and had to send him at least a little something. Gotta support and try to help keep him going. Definitely cost me way less than any douche around here would charge me for probably less than 1/2 the job. You're a helluva guy Jake and all of us here are lucky to have ya.

The Riffer

Excellent looking guitar.
Gets the jamroom attaboy!
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

VOLVO)))

Aw, Thanks guys, it's really nothing...  ;D ;D ::) ::)

I'm gonna fiddle with it for a day or two more, then pack it up, so you can get to playin' it!

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

Awesome, have at it. Just lemme know and I'll shoot you some funds for shipping.

Jake

False Jake and SeƱor Beer?

I'd fuck em.
poop.

VOLVO)))

Elder Jake 4 lyfe

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

BUMP!

Got my lefty/righty today. Thanks again fellas.
You rule.

VOLVO)))

SO MANY MONTHS!

read my note... if you can.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

hmm... didn't see no note. looked in the box again and nothin'
good look on putting those dots on there for me though, didn't even think about that.
now I'm curious about the noteage... on the geetar itself perhaps?

VOLVO)))

Quote from: grimniggzy on April 03, 2012, 08:58:10 PM
hmm... didn't see no note. looked in the box again and nothin'
good look on putting those dots on there for me though, didn't even think about that.
now I'm curious about the noteage... on the geetar itself perhaps?

under the packing slip!

Dem dots were there, off center, even!

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

I don't get notes, but I do get sexy texts.  I do send him gear as payment, but he has never requested it.  It makes me feel better about taking advantage of his (awesome) services.

grimniggzy

Ahhh, i"ll check it out. yeah deaner, I had to slip him a few extra when I payed for shipping.
The guitar came out great and the dots do their job, haha.