What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

that shiner bock looks real good but its not better that the genny bock. genny bock is the best bock on the planet.
BAR NONE.

mortlock

the shiner is a speck too dark in Carmel. thats where it fails. you want the stained glass effect.

Muffin Man

wtf is with that kooky can? but yeah, stick with plan A. I need to get a grip of taht Genny. Had a party tonite, one of the VIPs drinks Coors Light so I bought a suitcase. $1/can. I thougt it would be 50cents.  I'm a hop head but that beer is serviceable too. Either that or I'm fried in the cabeza. I went back IPA after one can. But I have light on hand for the guests. All good.

mortlock

im not sure if i posted this before but a local micro brewery and rubinos, which is the greatest mom and pop italian food store in the world based in rochester, team up for this beer/cream ale. ive never tried it but someone told me it was real sweet.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Mmmmmmmimosas. Yummm.

Many years ago my ex and I would walk up to the shitty tavern by the house and guzzle pint glass cheap mimosas and barely be able to walk back. Good times. And bad times.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

My neighbor friends have a friend who is head of food and beverage at a huge venue. They have a huge surplus of beer and other stuff they can't sell next season so.....

The overage is apparently like $70k. Weird. There's like a semi truck load. Lots of free beer in my future if I want. Nothing really great though.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Pissy

If it was a venue, they'd end up using that as the freebies for the bands. 

We had Miller as a customer and they sent us pallets of beer we could use as test loads.  Once we were finished, they said they couldn't take them back.   It was fair game for the office.  They were the large 36ct bricks too.  The Miller Lite went first, then the high life, the Milwaukee's best was the last to go. I snagged four of those bricks of high life for one of my fishing trips, gave two to Sparklemotion.  It was enough for a week at the beach at roughly 12 per day.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

They can't though. Must be liquor laws here or contract stuff. Anything left in the spring will be pitched.

The question is can we all drink $70k worth of shit beer this winter? 

This is an 18,000 seat amphitheater.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

easily

haha. but I bet those cans were sitting in a trailer and well-broiled through the Summer. I might try to find a pig farmer and trade for some whole roasters. if that works, I mean feeding pigs beer. If not, then goats.

ps. Lagunitas IPA bottled. Been a few years. It's really different. Tends towards sweet but its so well balanced. Nice lacing, just a little and just enough to let you know you have a fairly serious beer in hand. Not stuffy serious, but mature and composed.

RAGER

Being a regular has its advantages but then shit like this happens and so I just kept quiet about it.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Haven't been drinking much lately but I did last night. Eeesh. Feeling it today so...Christmas jazz and morning mimosas! 

No Focus Pocus