quick little lunch

Started by RAGER, February 08, 2012, 03:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Made veggie sandwiches for us today.  Coupled with a nice Kolsch from a local killer brewery that jst started putting some their beers in cans

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Grilled cheese with two kinds of gouda, sauteed onions, mushrooms, and rapini from the garden.  Alittle dijon on there too.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Naan pizza kind of.  Al masoor daal. grilled chicken, and rapini.  Arugual with grated parm and lemon/evoo

With an aqua fresca I made of cucumber, lime, and honey

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Many of my dishes are one offs inspire by my obsessive attitude towards waste.  I had a package of frozen peas that had been in the freezer for months and a couple chunks of smoked pork shanks in the meat thing drawer were in there for longer than I feel comfortable admitting.  Also a couple huge beautiful leeks that I hadn't done anything with.  The food blogs are literally blooming with all these spring recipes and I saw a spring pea recipe a couple weeks back and remembered that.  So was born lunch today.  My own version of a spring pea soup made....with...frozen...peas..derp.

I put the shanks in some water with some onions and simmered them for a couple hours this morning to loosen them up and kill any bad stuff. heh.  Pulled all the meat off and into small pieces.  Sauteed that up with some diced carrots, garlic, celery, and half of one of the big leeks.  Added some chicken stock and let the carrots get a little soft.  I then stirred in some quinoa and let that simmer for about 10.  Stir some frozen peas in and let them come to temp and last but not least, chopped parsley.  Plated with cracked black pepper.  YUMM!.

This could also be made vegan very easily.  Veg stock and tofu would be killer.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Lunch at home the other day.  Tomato soup with tomatoes from the garden and smoked pork grilled cheese.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I tend to make a little production of lunch.

No Focus Pocus

JemDooM

Love the no waste attitude!
DooM!

RAGER

You mean the lack of disposable packaging?  That ziploc has been used many times.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

quick little snack yesterday before jamming.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Made an open faced sandwich the other day.  Good crusty bread toasted, spread of mayo, horseradish, champagne vinegar and black pepper, pan roasted chicken, tomatoes, muenster, bacon, red onion, and blue cheese.  Nom

No Focus Pocus

bitter

Can't tell if I want to eat that or make sex to it.

Either way... Yumz.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

mortlock

if I ever hit the lottery, rager is getting the first head chef job offer for my personal house staff..

RacerX

Veggie Tempura & Papaya Salad from the local noodle place.
Livin' The Life.

deleted account

collards steam fried with garlic and onions, and homemade arugula hummus with raw garlic and onions

Lumpy

Where the fuck is Rager?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

deleted account

jimjom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm Red Jr.  Who are you?

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

renfield

i got a brick of that selfsame tuna from Costco to last me through the endtimes

RAGER

I normally have Sacred Sea tuna on hand. Oregon line caught young tuna. Near zero mercury. It's not cheap, case only sales direct at like $160 or something. I split with somebody usually. My boss the last couple times. Right now they're doing half cases. If you're into it look em up.   I'm gonna buy a half case right now. 
No Focus Pocus

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

RAGER

Don't be. I just bought a full case. Price drop.

Renfield. I'd cop you some cans if you want. Dm. Me.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

"Where do you get your tuna, man?"

"It's a satanic drug thing, you wouldn't understand."

Lumpy

Just looked, I'm sure that's great tuna but like $6 per can. Sold out though!
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.