Need help with an Albuquerque, NM tour date (mar 14)

Started by Glitchyghost, February 24, 2012, 10:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitchyghost

We are playing a bunch of dates with Backwoods Payback in March.  The venue owner for Hooligans in Albuquerque, NM is  not responding to the promoters request to see if we can hop on the bill.  Is anyone here from there?  Or maybe your band is on this bill as well?   If there's room, we sure as Hell would appreciate someone giving Hooligans a gentle nudge.   Or, if  you're in that area and know of another venue.  This is our last date to fill.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, and returned in kind and then some.

Mar 14, 2012   Albuquerque, NM   

Cheers,

Joey
(Dwellers)

justJon

I know Steve, the owner, and Tim who does a lot of the booking. I'll mention it to them. No promises, 'cause I don't know what that night looks like, but I'll let you know.
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

Hemisaurus

There's one place in Albuquerque on the Places to Play map - Burt's Tiki Lounge.

http://burtstikilounge.com/

Hemisaurus

I tell a lie theres also Launchpad.

http://launchpadrocks.com

Sunn, I still say the map is a resource that should be sticky.

RacerX

Burts only has live music Th-Sun. Tiny stage/PA, but can be pretty packed on the weekend nights.

The Launchpad generally requires serious advance booking, but it's a bigger room. We've opened for Weedeater, Fu Manchu, & such at that venue.

If you guys can't get hooked up at any of the ones mentioned so far, there are some other smaller places & underground venues including party houses & industrial/office spaces. Let us know.
Livin' The Life.

Glitchyghost

Thanks Racer.  You're in Sandia Man, no?  If I don't hear back from these guys in a couple days, I will get back to you for sure.

RacerX

Yeah, me & Jon are in Sandia Man. Pretty sure a Wednesday night will be out for us, but hopefully we can set you up with something if Hooligan's doesn't work out.
Livin' The Life.

Glitchyghost

Show is confirmed. Phew! That was the last loose end to tie up.    The booker says Sandia Man is on the bill, Racer.   You should check with your mates if Wed is a no go for you. Heh :)  See you in a few weeks!

RacerX

Jeebus. ::)

Our bassist works night shift on Wednesdays.

Well, I'm glad you have a confirmed show, anyway.

hm. I suppose I could do a solo psychedelic lap steel of DooM set...

Livin' The Life.

James1214

Quote from: RacerX on February 28, 2012, 12:25:07 PM

hm. I suppose I could do a solo psychedelic lap steel of DooM set...

Pffffffft who needs bassists anyway?????

Oh... wait

I vote for doom steel guitar.... and I request video of all of it to be posted on the youtube so we can enjoy Dwellers and "Dr Alan X's Psycedoomelic Lapsteel Rodeo" (you can keep that name racer.... I request a thank you in liner notes of any release henceforth)
words

RacerX

Looks like I have about 2 weeks to come up with a set.

I'll manage to put something together, dammit, if only to see BPB & Dwellers for free.
Livin' The Life.