coolest/craziest/funniest band merch ideas

Started by mawso, March 19, 2012, 07:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mawso

what have you done, or have you seen done, or have you just thought of for band merch?

shirts, stickers and patches are cool, but what are some more creative ideas..

if i can find a quote for it that costs the right amount for a small run, i might get some pocket mirrors printed up with our band's logo on it - so that the punters have a cool surface to rack up on

Mr. Foxen

I always wanted band ties, so I could wear them in office jobs.

MichaelZodiac

I always thought those Sleep rolling papers were the best stoner merch idea ever.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

hayseed

I love cool band merch as much as anyone else. I'm guilty of buying AC/DC Bic lighters, I admit. But I have to say that Jerry Only of the Misfits has single handedly ruined that band with the over saturation of merch(and writing one of the worst albums of 2011). The Misfits have been my favorite band for nearly 25 years but when I saw Misfits teddy bears , I said enough is enough.

End of rant: I have always been a fan of band hoodies and beanie hats. Beer koozies are kick ass too
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Jake

Tenacious D used to sell cum rags with their logo on them. I always thought that was brilliant.
poop.

RAGER

Rocket From The Crypt had soap dishes I think way way back.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Cough has coozies that read "Tune down, drink up"
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

johnny problem

High on Fire had hot sauce.  The Melvins had some canned food.

Discö Rice

The Locust had coke mirrors, barrettes, and aprons. I had one of the aprons, and wore it daily while working at a pizza joint in Seattle.

I have a couple of novel ideas, but I'm saving them until such time as the ideas can be implemented.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

The Riffer

I remember a band in Cleve-O had their log on the plastic filter thing in the urinals at bars around town. Everytime I pissed, I saw their logo.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Chovie D

not particularly crazy but Ive always liked matches. Theyvare cheap and easy to give away for free, they are useful and they are cool. Got some Weedeater matches, Elvis 77 with the Shepard Ferry drawing or whoeevr the famous guy is, a few others.

Big Business had lobster bibs at one of their early gigs.

RacerX

Quote from: The Riffer on March 19, 2012, 12:34:36 PM
I remember a band in Cleve-O had their log on the plastic filter thing in the urinals at bars around town. Everytime I pissed, I saw their logo.

Do y'all log right into the urinals in Cleveland, or did you just forget an "o"?
Livin' The Life.

Chovie D

in cleveland we like to log right in the urinials, we call it "dry docking"

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

I,Galactus

I wanted to get a Slayer hockey sweater but them shits was esspensive.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Lumpy

Rollins Band had a coffee mug (Part Animal, Part Caffeine). Madonna had a 12" glass votive candle (would be easy to make - buy plain candles and put your own sticker on it). Leningrad Cowboys had beer with their own label.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

justJon

A local girl band (Well, 3 out of are girls) has men's briefs and girl's thongs.
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

Chovie D

Quote from: RAGER on March 19, 2012, 02:33:39 PM
Not to be confused with "upper decker"

right, the upper decker is when you log into the water tank of the toilet. usually takes a while to discover if youve been "upperdecked", whereas a drydock is instantly recognizeable.

blackkrosses

local punk band in town had bricks for sale. Like, red building bricks for houses with their name paint-penned on them.

hayseed

Quote from: blackkrosses on March 19, 2012, 08:26:18 PM
local punk band in town had bricks for sale. Like, red building bricks for houses with their name paint-penned on them.

I hope they bring down the house every night they play. Coming from a punk background, I've had lit cigarettes , beer cans, ashtrays, spit, and numerous other things hurled at us and that was a friendly crowd. I wouldn't want a brick with my own band name on it bouncing off my cranium. I think Nerf footballs would make a better replacement.
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Ayek

Beastwars had their own beer brewed by some craft brewing outfit. Fancy label and everything.

Jake

poop.

mawso

Quote from: Jake on March 19, 2012, 11:22:22 AM
Tenacious D used to sell cum rags with their logo on them. I always thought that was brilliant.

ah yeah i've seen that.  it's up there with manowar's "warrior's shield" condoms

The Shocker