coolest/craziest/funniest band merch ideas

Started by mawso, March 19, 2012, 07:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayseed

"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

The Riffer

Quote from: RacerX on March 19, 2012, 02:02:38 PM
Quote from: The Riffer on March 19, 2012, 12:34:36 PM
I remember a band in Cleve-O had their log on the plastic filter thing in the urinals at bars around town. Everytime I pissed, I saw their logo.

Do y'all log right into the urinals in Cleveland, or did you just forget an "o"?
Last time I was in Cleveland, there was shit everywhere.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Baltar

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

lordfinesse

I have a bottle of that Clutch beer in my fridge right now. I've had it for months, I guess the right time to drink it hasn't happened yet.  Anyway.. we have Husky beer coozies. I haven't seen too many bands offering those. And +1 for Sleep rolling papers being a genius idea.
Billy Squier 24/7

Metal and Beer

I wish that Lips o' Clutch beer was carried here; the New Belgium delivery fucko said it didn't make it to the Mid-South as widespread-ly as the other NBB varieties
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Jake

Yeah, I drove around looking for it. Ended up buying like $90 worth of it (they were $12/per bottle, I think?) when I finally found it. Gave a few to friends, drank some, and will keep the rest. It's the coolest friggin thing that they made that.
poop.

Volume

Quote from: Lumpy on March 19, 2012, 02:38:10 PM
Leningrad Cowboys had beer with their own label.

Haha, after that violinist/playmate Linda Lampenius came out with her own cider.

beerrhino

Back in the 90's a friend of mine was in a hair metal band and they used to screen the band's name onto kneepads.  Every time a girl bought a shirt she got a set of kneepads too.

chlorpromazine

Quote from: Metal and Beer on March 20, 2012, 10:28:30 PM
I wish that Lips o' Clutch beer was carried here; the New Belgium delivery fucko said it didn't make it to the Mid-South as widespread-ly as the other NBB varieties

Colonial Wine and Spirits on W. Markham

Quote from: Jake on March 19, 2012, 11:22:22 AM
Tenacious D used to sell cum rags with their logo on them. I always thought that was brilliant.

That's what I thought about when I saw the topic. It is the best merch idea ever, and I still laugh about it.

too fuckin' good

mawso

Quote from: beerrhino on March 21, 2012, 07:00:41 AM
Back in the 90's a friend of mine was in a hair metal band and they used to screen the band's name onto kneepads.  Every time a girl bought a shirt she got a set of kneepads too.

hahaha, best!

Metal and Beer

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

The Shocker

Quote from: chlorpromazine on March 22, 2012, 06:36:39 AM
Quote from: Metal and Beer on March 20, 2012, 10:28:30 PM

Colonial Wine and Spirits on W. Markham

Quote from: Jake on March 19, 2012, 11:22:22 AM
Tenacious D used to sell cum rags with their logo on them. I always thought that was brilliant.

That's what I thought about when I saw the topic. It is the best merch idea ever, and I still laugh about it.

too fuckin' good

I always wanted their softball jersey that said Cleveland Steamers.

How big was that rag?  It looks a little small - I usually require an old bath towel...

bass sic

I recently brewed a lager beer for my band Threefold Law, to be called Threefold Lawger. Never got the labels made and I'm now drinking it from a plain bottle. I was a good idea, procrastination got in the way.

Jake

Quote from: deaner33 on March 23, 2012, 07:54:27 AM
I always wanted their softball jersey that said Cleveland Steamers.

I had that Jersey. The number on the back was 666, which made it extra offensively fun.
poop.