Main Menu

Introducing myself

Started by Orthodox Caveman, March 19, 2012, 05:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orthodox Caveman

Hello folks,

I'm not sure if it's a custom to introduce yourself here, but just to be safe:

I'm William, from The Netherlands, 26 years old. Some of my favourite bands: Toadliquor, Weedeater, Uriah Heep, Atolah, Electric Wizard, Deep Purple, Weedeater, Burning Witch, Earth, Black Sabbath, Witch, Blue Cheer, Grails, Bong, Sleep..etc. You know the deal. 60's/70's psych and stoner/doom/sludge. Also a big fan of early blues and jazz, like Blind Willie Johnson, Skip James, Robert Johnson, Tom Waits, Thelonious Monk, etc.

Also very much a enjoyer of films. Some of my favourites: The Exorcist, Legion: The Exorcist, Videodrome, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari. The Fly, The Trilogy of The Dead, Return Of The Living Dead 1, 2 & 3, The Masque Of The Red Death, Tales Of Terror, The Beyond, Cemetary Man (Dellamorte Dellamorte), Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Zombie 2, The Changeling, Event Horizon, Night Of The Creeps, Re-Animator, Evil Dead 2, Nosferatu, Un Chien Andalou, Eraserhead, Körkarlen (The Phantom Carriage).

Besides that, I love Whisky. Islay Single Malts to be exact. Also very eager to start a new band. Mostly a vocalist, but also a bit of a drummer. Besides that I do weird electronic ambient/noise wankery.

That's about it. I hope I can be a addition to the forum!

The Power Of The Riff Compells You!

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Discö Rice

Kidding. Welcome to um... here.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

VOLVO)))

Greetings, welcome.

What is downtuning?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

tossom

Weclome abored ;D

I am also an Islay malts fan, few whisky fans here so I am sure you will settle in fine.  I see Jotun already welcomed you in a thread in Gen Disc...  Next you get to meet Dong and Bolt, enjoy!
"Beige rock"

Orthodox Caveman

Quote from: tossom on March 19, 2012, 05:12:19 PM
Weclome abored ;D

I am also an Islay malts fan, few whisky fans here so I am sure you will settle in fine.  I see Jotun already welcomed you in a thread in Gen Disc...  Next you get to meet Dong and Bolt, enjoy!

Nice! Ardbeg is my addiction.

Quote from: Discö Rice on March 19, 2012, 05:10:44 PM
Fill out your top 40.

I just find it hard to name one or two bands, as my music taste is so varied.

Corey Y

*Removes monocle, closes leather bound tome of poop jokes*

Well, hello there.

bloodofkings

Man, Ardbeg is wonderful...... I'm partial to Lagavulin personally but Ardbeg has been in my cabinet lately. Lagavulin isn't cheap man. Hello and welcome.
I can't crap for shit.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Orthodox Caveman

Quote from: bloodofkings on March 19, 2012, 06:09:51 PM
Man, Ardbeg is wonderful...... I'm partial to Lagavulin personally but Ardbeg has been in my cabinet lately. Lagavulin isn't cheap man. Hello and welcome.

The Whiskies I had the pleasure of owning this year were Ardbeg Supernova, BenRiach Authenticus 21 yrs, Benriach Curiositas 10 yrs, Lagavulin 16 yrs and Talisker 10.

Chovie D

Welcome William. I have been to the Netherlands several times and liked it there very much. I very muhc like your beers and sweet sticky green buds.
There are several other Dutch forum members, tho they mainly post in the general discussion section and even there very rarely. One runs a record label called Heavy Birth.

My favoritebands are Drukwerk and Doemar...kidding.
anyway welcome , have fun, all that good stuff. cheers!

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Chovie D on March 19, 2012, 06:42:31 PM
Welcome William. I have been to the Netherlands several times and liked it there very much. I very muhc like your beers and sweet sticky green buds.
There are several other Dutch forum members, tho they mainly post in the general discussion section and even there very rarely. One runs a record label called Heavy Birth.

YES, WE HAVE MANY DUTCH MEMBERS.

WE ONLY KNOW BECAUSE THEY SPEAK AS SUCH.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Orthodox Caveman

Quote from: Chovie D on March 19, 2012, 06:42:31 PM

Our beer? It's very tasty indeed.

jibberish

it's probably a good thing i'm not the mod, i would have keboshed this thread

but since i'm not, let's talk about public aquariums.  do you have any nice public aquariums in the netherlands. i know there are some very happening marine aquarists in the netherlands. i really enjoy ours here. i've been to quite a few already. monteray was still one of the best. that is in california, that magical mystical place.

hey , what kind of car do you drive over there?   i'm giving my sleeper grand national to my nephew, but i'll still work on it, and i want to play with tuck and roll for the new headliner. the glue/foam backing dies over time on those GM headliners. i got the high output, hi pressure fuel pump, aluminum billet fuel regulator, went with copper headgaskets and hi-grade headbolts so no more blowing out headgaskets. those were from summit racing. heh i am not far from their main original facility. holy crap is it a huge facility. i go in there and drool on everything oh man, they have alll the nice shit. i also got the big ram-air intake, it goes along the whole underneath like wher ethe intercooler ram-air scoop is. talk about free flow. i also got a racing chip for the computer and of course only use splitfire plugs. for being bad, out goes the cat, in goes the test pipe. this car is so retardedly fast for a bolt on project. total mustang killer, and half the vettes(but not at 140mph+, regals are the wrong shape and get unstable)

ok, now theee most important question of all:

what kind of turntable and cartridge are you using right now, and also what kind of speakers, since speakers contribute the most to coloring the sound. they need to be good, or what's the use in getting the music off the vinyl superclean?
amirite? or amirite?   i'm hoping you say a nice belt drive. then i know you are about the actual contents of what you are listening to vs some idiot stereo lemming like madjohncluelessinmanyways

personally, there is no such thing as "good" tasting booze. you all are fucking fooling yourselves in the name of snobbery or wtf stupid pissing contest form y'all are involved in being whiskey snobs. alcohol tastes bad PERIOD. so fuck that noise.

one last question: do you have bacon there? if you want to eat some unhealthy shit, i recommend bacon over booze

ALTHOUGH you CAN have both with epic mealtime "breakfast of booze". i linked it in a general discussion thread already,

Orthodox Caveman

Quote from: jibberish on March 20, 2012, 05:30:27 AM
it's probably a good thing i'm not the mod, i would have keboshed this thread

but since i'm not, let's talk about public aquariums.  do you have any nice public aquariums in the netherlands. i know there are some very happening marine aquarists in the netherlands. i really enjoy ours here. i've been to quite a few already. monteray was still one of the best. that is in california, that magical mystical place.

hey , what kind of car do you drive over there?   i'm giving my sleeper grand national to my nephew, but i'll still work on it, and i want to play with tuck and roll for the new headliner. the glue/foam backing dies over time on those GM headliners. i got the high output, hi pressure fuel pump, aluminum billet fuel regulator, went with copper headgaskets and hi-grade headbolts so no more blowing out headgaskets. those were from summit racing. heh i am not far from their main original facility. holy crap is it a huge facility. i go in there and drool on everything oh man, they have alll the nice shit. i also got the big ram-air intake, it goes along the whole underneath like wher ethe intercooler ram-air scoop is. talk about free flow. i also got a racing chip for the computer and of course only use splitfire plugs. for being bad, out goes the cat, in goes the test pipe. this car is so retardedly fast for a bolt on project. total mustang killer, and half the vettes(but not at 140mph+, regals are the wrong shape and get unstable)

ok, now theee most important question of all:

what kind of turntable and cartridge are you using right now, and also what kind of speakers, since speakers contribute the most to coloring the sound. they need to be good, or what's the use in getting the music off the vinyl superclean?
amirite? or amirite?   i'm hoping you say a nice belt drive. then i know you are about the actual contents of what you are listening to vs some idiot stereo lemming like madjohncluelessinmanyways

personally, there is no such thing as "good" tasting booze. you all are fucking fooling yourselves in the name of snobbery or wtf stupid pissing contest form y'all are involved in being whiskey snobs. alcohol tastes bad PERIOD. so fuck that noise.

one last question: do you have bacon there? if you want to eat some unhealthy shit, i recommend bacon over booze

ALTHOUGH you CAN have both with epic mealtime "breakfast of booze". i linked it in a general discussion thread already,

What is the issue here? I'm used to the fact that you have to introduce yourself on a forum, so I did and took a bit of effort for it. Cause it kinda seems the piss is taken on me. I'm not butthurt, I just wonder what the deal is.

RacerX

Don't sweat it, captain caveman.

Jibberish is old. He gets like this sometimes.
Livin' The Life.

Metal and Beer

The thread's fine, welcome to the forum man  \m/
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

VOLVO)))

Yeah, I don't care, I'm glad you introduced yourself... now we know all of your weaknesses... ;D ;D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

mortlock

"Besides that I do weird electronic ambient/noise wankery."

YES!! a fellow noise head. i know we will get along just fine. ive spent along time around here trying to turn these guys on to noise and it hasnt been easy..

welcome aboard..

SpaceTrucker

If you were a chick I would marry you.

and welcome to the forum ect ect....

Worthless Willie

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with your introduction thread.  Welcome.

Go take a nap, Jibberish.
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

RAGER

An just so you know Jib, it's kibosh.
No Focus Pocus

Orthodox Caveman

Quote from: mortlock on March 20, 2012, 01:08:03 PM
"Besides that I do weird electronic ambient/noise wankery."

YES!! a fellow noise head. i know we will get along just fine. ive spent along time around here trying to turn these guys on to noise and it hasnt been easy..

welcome aboard..

You produce yourself? Maybe we can make some tracks together once, for shits and giggles.

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 20, 2012, 12:50:16 PM
Yeah, I don't care, I'm glad you introduced yourself... now we know all of your weaknesses... ;D ;D

My weaknesses shall eat your soul.

grimniggzy

Danny G

Welcome aboard, sounds like you'll fit right in \m/,
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com