Started by Hemisaurus, March 21, 2012, 08:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunwichamps

yawn.....

Show me a Supergroup.

RacerX

OOH! It lights up purple!!   

::)

Are we sure that's not the Prince signature model?
Livin' The Life.

Volume

Quote from: dunwichamps on March 21, 2012, 09:32:13 AM
yawn.....

Show me a Supergroup.

Here's one (our singer/git players):

dunwichamps

Quote from: Volume on March 21, 2012, 09:52:23 AM
yawn.....

Show me a Supergroup.

good shit right there, also the Klipp is kool 2. Now all ya need is a Ge Rangemaster

rayinreverse

Quote from: Volume on March 21, 2012, 09:52:23 AM
yawn.....

Show me a Supergroup.

I like that space echo over its shoulder.

Jake

They should put out a new vintage spec Supergroup. Think about it: they're the most respected of the amps with a Laney badge on them, there's little to no research and development to be done, people would pay a good amount for one, and I want them to.

That's four solid gold reasons, right there.
poop.

Volume

Quote from: dunwichamps on March 21, 2012, 10:12:53 AM
good shit right there, also the Klipp is kool 2. Now all ya need is a Ge Rangemaster
I actually have a DAM Red Rooster and a Klipp.  ;) The Klipp is at a tech now though, waiting for a new OT.

Quote from: rayinreverse on March 21, 2012, 11:14:12 AM
I like that space echo over its shoulder.
That one's broke too, needs a new motor.  :-\

Sorry for the thread hijack Hemi.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Jake on March 21, 2012, 11:27:21 AM
They should put out a new vintage spec Supergroup. Think about it: they're the most respected of the amps with a Laney badge on them, there's little to no research and development to be done, people would pay a good amount for one, and I want them to.

That's four solid gold reasons, right there.

you could have a builder clone it, its just another version of a Superlead but according to the schematic it had a large plate voltage of 600V which is about 100-150V more than the average EL34 marshall.

the reason why laney isnt going to clone it it because it was a handwired amp and no large scale operation is going to offer a decently priced handwired amp

liquidsmoke

I'm happy with my regular GH but I imagine it's a pretty nice sounding unit.

Mr. Foxen

I just got word from my tech my Klipp is working. Anyone wanna buy a Klipp? New power transformer with slightly more modern valve friendly voltage. Need to get some shiz sold because making a plan for something a bit special with Matamp.

There is a dude in the south east working on Supergroup clones, he has just had the transformers cloned.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on March 21, 2012, 12:18:32 PM
I just got word from my tech my Klipp is working. Anyone wanna buy a Klipp? New power transformer with slightly more modern valve friendly voltage. Need to get some shiz sold because making a plan for something a bit special with Matamp.

There is a dude in the south east working on Supergroup clones, he has just had the transformers cloned.

im so tempted to buy it but shipping would eat me up and spit me out

good call on lowering that plate, fucker would eat the screens on a normal set of El34s

Mr. Foxen

You are better off buying a fixer one, shipping is about £130.

dunwichamps

Mr. Foxen

I know of some going. Just need to show me the money. Before I get the money myself and commence the price gouging.

clockwork green

How much different is the circuit/build from a Plexi, Sound City, Bassman,Matamp etc...?
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

dunwichamps

Quote from: clockwork green on March 21, 2012, 03:23:45 PM
How much different is the circuit/build from a Plexi, Sound City, Bassman,Matamp etc...?

its pretty much similar to any Superlead/Superbass but theres small differences in the tone stack component values, and say the bright caps. General circuit is a carbon copy

Its totally different than Matamps or Sound Cities.

Mr. Foxen

Laney didn't cheap out ont he transformers, which makes a chunk of difference compared with Fender and Marshall.

spookstrickland

Quote from: RacerX on March 21, 2012, 09:45:31 AM

That would actually be kinda cool ;D
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: RacerX on March 21, 2012, 09:45:31 AM

My mate just sent me a message saying he just bought 16 pink Marshall 4x12s that were intended for some Amy Winehouse event that got cancelled for some reason. Be a good combo I reckon.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on March 21, 2012, 04:21:41 PM
Laney didn't cheap out ont he transformers, which makes a chunk of difference compared with Fender and Marshall.

Not something the average user would understand, atleast with respect to how that affects the sound and operation.

Im suprised they had such a high plate for a single rail supply.

VOLVO)))

I hope it doesn't sound like dogshit.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

VOLVO)))

Quote from: dunwichamps on March 21, 2012, 05:33:46 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on March 21, 2012, 05:32:36 PM
I hope it doesn't sound like dogshit.

i wouldnt buy it

I won't, I still have to buy an amp from your silly ass!  ;D ;D ;D
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Riffer

If I were looking for a new mega-amp, I'd take a look at these. That said, I'd never look for a new mega-amp.WAYYYYYY too many knobs for me.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance