Main Menu

green russian big muff $159

Started by Chovie D, March 26, 2012, 02:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chovie D

is this an absurdly good price? or am I missing something aboot the 1st edition green russian?

its at a local store(trading musician) and they got two of em.
Battery cover missing, one knob appears to be replacement.

talk me oot of buying this on my lunch huere please

VOLVO)))

Not a bad price, but... don't buy it!
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

Chovie, A guy up North had one for 2 bills on CL last week. Had a weird yellow replacement knob. They just seem so overpriced from a playability standpoint. So many muff options available for less.

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Hemisaurus

Aren't there better clones available, with more flexibility for less? Seems a ridiculous amount to pay for a crappy box.

Baltar

Yeah, it's called the Pharoh.  Chovie, if you do buy it, I have 1 replacement knob from my old Green Russian left.
I'll mail it to you if you can get me 2 Marshall knobs.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Chovie D

Id just be buying it to add to the collection. Thanks for curing my gas attack, the money will be better spent at the dispencary

Lumpy

Quote from: Hemisaurus on March 26, 2012, 02:37:03 PM
Aren't there better clones available, with more flexibility for less? Seems a ridiculous amount to pay for a crappy box.

I agree with Hemisaurus.

If it was in perfect shape (collectible) then maybe.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bloodofkings

Quote from: Lumpy on March 26, 2012, 03:02:26 PM

I agree with Hemisaurus.

I'm with both of you there.
I can't crap for shit.

Derelict78

Quote from: Lumpy on March 26, 2012, 03:02:26 PM

I agree with Hemisaurus.

but than it wouldnt look as cool
I love the look of a paint chipped BM

Baltar

The Greenie was my first, it's a cool circuit, but hit or miss.  Pharaohs are $150 and all solid.

RacerX

Quote from: Baltar on March 26, 2012, 05:23:07 PM
The Greenie was my first, it's a cool circuit, but hit or miss.  Pharaohs are $150 and all solid.

So if they're not solid, do Big Muffs take gaseous or liquid form?
Livin' The Life.

Chovie D

if this pedal aint all that, why are they $300 on egay?

Hemisaurus

three little words:
People Are Stupid

Instant Dan

Either the Pharaoh or LSTR.

Lumpy

Quote from: Chovie D on March 26, 2012, 06:05:31 PM
if this pedal aint all that, why are they $300 on egay?

Black Russian Muff was 30 dollars (used) until they discontinued it, now they are like 70 dollars. Blame it on Collector Scum.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Baltar

Total hype, you'd be paying for a housing that is no longer made.  That's it, they do have big, shiny foot-switches though.  I don't see them in the after-market, kinda rare.  A $300 housing and crappy foot-switch.  I shoulda bought up 3 or 4 of 'em.  Capt Yarn got mine as a gift.

moose23

Seems a grand price for a Tall Font. If I had the money I probably would have bought it. Also if you're looking for a clone get an actual clone. I'm pretty sure the Pharoah, as good as it may be, does not sound like a Tall Font Green Russian. That all said I paid about half that for my one and sell clones for a good bit less.

Capt Yarn

Quote from: Baltar on March 26, 2012, 09:10:30 PM
Total hype, you'd be paying for a housing that is no longer made.  That's it, they do have big, shiny foot-switches though.  I don't see them in the after-market, kinda rare.  A $300 housing and crappy foot-switch.  I shoulda bought up 3 or 4 of 'em.  Capt Yarn got mine as a gift.
a gift i'll always cherish. haha.