Dunwich SuperFuzz Clone Board Buy In

Started by dunwichamps, March 29, 2012, 11:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunwichamps

The more who buy in, the cheaper it is for everyone

We can discuss mods/additions that people want to add to this. Right now clean boost is probably going to make it.

VOLVO)))

Paging Baltar

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

VOLVO)))

Tentatively in based on friday's paycheck.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

no rush. if say 6 people buy in and i can fit two per standard size, boards would be $14 + ship to you

VOLVO)))

All I'd have to do is populate and wire?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

rayinreverse

mutantcolors

I marked yes. Dependent, of course, on the final price. What size box would be needed? I have a broke-dick boss pedal just collecting dust. Me likey fuzz, me likey clean boost so we're off to a great start.

dunwichamps

Quote from: mutantcolors on March 29, 2012, 12:23:34 PM
I marked yes. Dependent, of course, on the final price. What size box would be needed? I have a broke-dick boss pedal just collecting dust. Me likey fuzz, me likey clean boost so we're off to a great start.

pharaoh sized boz, 1590bb

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 29, 2012, 12:09:37 PM
All I'd have to do is populate and wire?

yea, populate, buy enclosure, drill it, buy parts

VOLVO)))

Tr00. Id make my own enclosure, methinks.

EDIT: id build them all for you'uns. Wish I could just do one, first, to see if it's feasible and Im not a bumbling retard.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

xayk

In for one.  I actually looked at etching a pcb for a SuperFuzz, but ended up getting distracted by something else.  So this is swell.

VOLVO)))

Ship me that guitar, you insipid cur! :) i really want to lay hands on it to see if I have the stuff...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

xayk

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 29, 2012, 01:47:03 PM
Ship me that guitar, you insipid cur! :) i really want to lay hands on it to see if I have the stuff...

Haha, yessir.  I'm sourcing cardboard to wrap the case in as we speak.

VOLVO)))

:) you can send it without the case if it so pleases you. It'll be cheaper. Im thinking im going to have to go to extreme lengths to make it live again, due to that epoxy job... it'll definitely be interesting.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lumpy

I'd buy a board but I'm especially dumb when it comes to this stuff. I'd need help with a parts list (would be awesome if somebody came up with the complete list of parts numbers to order at Small Bear). I would also need explicit instructions -- I can't read a schematic. I'm not even able to read a diagram. I'm hardly worth the trouble for the people who know what they're doing.

I still have two BYOC kits to build, on my shelf. Maybe I can build them first and get an idea WTF I'm doing, in the meantime.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bloodofkings

Ya know, I could do some spiffy 0.090 thick aluminum enclosures. Anodized a random color, brush finished type stuff. Unfortunately not as cheap as Pedal Parts but the finish would hold up better. Just get me a general drawing with dimensions. I can handle the engineering of getting it together and all. Just a general cube drawing would help. Maybe outline features you would like to see.
I can't crap for shit.

mutantcolors

I got the AutoCad skillz, I can draft up plans super easy. Throwing my skill set in the mix.

dunwichamps

i would need to put down a proto after i did the boards. need some time tho

The Riffer

Great idea.
I am currently in the proto process of a SF type circuit, so this is right up our alley. Our  proto and pcb are a little tweeked from the standard circuit, so this being a stock SF would be a cool project for me too. Count me in for a few, I can take some slack in the buy in to make it more affordable.

I could add our building skills and facility into the mix and do the assembly for those who need help.
The idea of a custom sheetmetal box is badass.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

grimniggzy

The Riffer

Quote from: bloodofkings on March 29, 2012, 02:14:37 PM
Ya know, I could do some spiffy 0.090 thick aluminum enclosures. Anodized a random color, brush finished type stuff. Unfortunately not as cheap as Pedal Parts but the finish would hold up better. Just get me a general drawing with dimensions. I can handle the engineering of getting it together and all. Just a general cube drawing would help. Maybe outline features you would like to see.
I'd like to see a non standard shape.. ;)
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

VOLVO)))

Im down for assembly work, once the proto is done. If I get a basic layoot, and wiring scheme, I can slam 'em together for the less tech-inclined. Mark, will Jason do smaller runs of pedals? Can he screen onto powdercoating?

I wanna see a rhombus!

Doesnt the SF have a somewhat low output volume? That needs to be addressed...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 29, 2012, 02:35:21 PM
Im down for assembly work, once the proto is done. If I get a basic layoot, and wiring scheme, I can slam 'em together for the less tech-inclined. Mark, will Jason do smaller runs of pedals? Can he screen onto powdercoating?

I wanna see a rhombus!

Doesnt the SF have a somewhat low output volume? That needs to be addressed...

already addressed in the first post, adding a clean boost, maybe SHO

dunwichamps

i seem to be making projects all over the place. well I first have to make a pcb which would be nice if people could double check it. also in order to design pcb I need to know dimensions of enclosure 2