Help finding Zombie/mutant movie

Started by bitter, March 30, 2012, 05:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitter

Hey guys, can anyone help me find the title of an old zombie/mutant movie? I don't remember much about the film as I saw it on TV many years ago. The film dates back to the at least the late 60's or early 70's.

The premise: After the US gets nuked some people take refuge in a rural manor. The manor was very stately and had a big ivy garden and woods. the Old man and his family take in some people and soon there are some Zombie/mutant peeps that come after them. In the end the old man had something to do with it and everything falls apart. There may or may not have been pools of toxic waste on the property hidden from the refugees.

It was such an odd movie I'd like to see it again, but don't know where to start looking for it. I know that wasn't much of an explanation, but I'm hoping that since it was an older flick, someone may know what I'm referring to.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

The Shocker

Whatever it is, I'd like to see it too!

bitter

I searched a wiki list of zombie flicks but nothing came up that matched. I think they were technically mutants. It was so awesome.

lftwng4

I thought it was Zero Hour, but I don't think that's the title.  
Was it made in the late 50s, early 60s?  Not much graphic violence?  I've seen it, can't think of the title.
Starred some semi-famous actor, kinda working outside of his usual roles.

edit:  Panic in Year Zero is what I'm thinking?

bitter

Unfortunately that's not it. Thanks though.

It's so frustrating because I saw it almost a decade ago. My memories of it are way skewed so I prolly wouldn't recognize it even if I found it. I've gone thru lists of apocalyptic/zombie/mutant movies but nothing quite matches. I just remember something like a nuke was involved and a guy and his girl were on a picnic or road trip when it happened. They find this manor to take refuge and the owner invites them in. There's a few people there as well and these zombie like mutants are lurking in the woods. Over time, the refugees become suspicious of the owner.

The Shocker

American or English or somewhere else?

bitter

kippled

Was it The Omega Man with good ol' "Chuckles" Heston?

bitter

No, but it's similar. In the one I'm referring to, nobody seemed to leave the property. it was very rural.

The omega looks pretty good though. Reminds me of that Will Smith movie I skipped over. Not sure if that was a direct remake or just a similar story line.

GodShifter

Not sure if you know this, bitter, but 'The Omega Man' and the Will Smith movie are based on the book 'I Am Legend' by Robert Matheson. There was an old movie with (I think) Vincent Price in it called 'The Last Man on Earth'. All three movies, obviously, run off the plot of the book (with some variation).

The novel was also the inspiration for the movie 'Night of the Living Dead'.

bitter

Quote from: GodShifter on April 04, 2012, 11:03:27 PM
Not sure if you know this, bitter, but 'The Omega Man' and the Will Smith movie are based on the book 'I Am Legend' by Robert Matheson. There was an old movie with (I think) Vincent Price in it called 'The Last Man on Earth'. All three movies, obviously, run off the plot of the book (with some variation).

The novel was also the inspiration for the movie 'Night of the Living Dead'.

Yeah I'm not surprised at the connection (both to those films or to a novel). That Vincent Price flick was one that I looked into for this thread. Looks great!

I did not, however, realize the connection to Night of the living dead.

boltthrow

bitter

Nah that's not it, but everything matches pretty close (minus the animals attacking). Definitely gonna check that out though because the trailer looked so good.

I really appreciate everyone's input. I wish I had a better recollection of the plot or the title.  :-\

peoplething

I just ran across this, haven't watched it all the way through, but the description sounds kind of similar to what you mentioned.

http://www.bmovies.com/movie/people-who-own-dark

edit: just finished it and I'm pretty sure this isn't the one you're after. maybe it'll help goggling?

btw, that flick is bizarro weird. 
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

bitter

Quote from: peoplething on July 28, 2012, 05:59:17 PM
I just ran across this, haven't watched it all the way through, but the description sounds kind of similar to what you mentioned.

http://www.bmovies.com/movie/people-who-own-dark

edit: just finished it and I'm pretty sure this isn't the one you're after. maybe it'll help goggling?

btw, that flick is bizarro weird. 

I skipped thru it, but I agree that isn't it. Similar look though.

blackkrosses

Hell Comes to Frogtown.

Not the movie you're describing but worth a watch.

Sorry, "Frogs" made me think of it.

Rowdy Roddy!

boltthrow

I worked at New World Pictures when they made that.  No one else wanted to watch the dailies so they assigned me.  I still haven't gotten over it.