Main Menu

Gear personal shopper...

Started by VOLVO))), April 04, 2012, 02:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

So, I was talking to a couple folks last night about equipment and they kept saying that they wish they had my "skills" when it comes to acquiring deals on gear/being in the right place at the right time, etc etc. Anyways, Someone made a joke about just giving me a grand to buy them a rig of MY choice, because they trust me. I said "Fuck yeah I'll do that for you guys! Give me the money!" After about ten more minutes of bullshitting about it, we decided that was the plan.

Talk about finding ways to satisfy GAS?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Corey Y

On an unrelated note...I have your address.

;)

grimniggzy

haha wtf, that dude's definitely bankrollin'

Jake

I'm sure they'll be satisfied with the Crate combo and your trip to the strip club that you picked out for them
poop.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: grimniggzy on April 04, 2012, 02:40:16 PM

TWO dudes! hahaha. TWO dudes gave me a grand to buy shit with.

SAY SOMETHING

I plan on getting them both solid state Crates and Peavey cabs and keeping the rest for a coke binge.

One dude sounds like he wants a Rivera Knucklehead, and the other sounds like he wants a Marshall, so... I'M HUNTING.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

grimniggzy

hhaha, another round of crate combos for me and my friends

VOLVO)))

Quote from: grimniggzy on April 04, 2012, 02:47:34 PM
hhaha, another round of crate combos for me and my friends

I've got a couple, too, hahaha. I use them as gifts and whatnot.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

oh, they'll be getting a gift alright.
and a gif to signify this gift...

grimniggzy

actually, I see a mesa back there. what's that doin here?

Mr. Foxen

I do stuff like that. But if they say they want a Marshall/Ampeg/Rickenbacker/something else shit with a well known badge, I don't bother because they won't appreciate anything actually good that they haven't heard of. Usually people don't take up my offer to spend their money for them, then complain when I am flipping shit for twice what I paid on ebay. An since I thought back, people who do take it up end up with Laney amps.

VOLVO)))

Hopefully take me up on doing this for them more, last guy who did it ended up paying 210 bucks for a Marshall 1960a and a MusicMan 65 for 200 bucks + some repairs. 500 bones for a legit rig... not bad.

Hopefully I can dig up something nice. Looking at Boogies, currently, seeing if I can find a reasonable price on one. Any high gain Laneys I should be eyeballing, Oli?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 04, 2012, 03:05:50 PM
Hopefully take me up on doing this for them more, last guy who did it ended up paying 210 bucks for a Marshall 1960a and a MusicMan 65 for 200 bucks + some repairs. 500 bones for a legit rig... not bad.

Hopefully I can dig up something nice. Looking at Boogies, currently, seeing if I can find a reasonable price on one. Any high gain Laneys I should be eyeballing, Oli?

That MM/Marshall amp sounds like a deal & a 1/2.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 04, 2012, 03:05:50 PM
Any high gain Laneys I should be eyeballing, Oli?

All the ones at half the price they usually go for. Not actually done much with the high gain jobs except clean sockets, the simple jobs are always my recommendation, the sockets seemed good quality in the knob monster I tinkered with. Also fuck Mesa.

Corey Y

If there were a similar sort of service for finding bandmates I'd wire someone a grand today.

Nothing fancy or expensive, don't need brand recognition. Just a drummer and guitarist that get the job done and aren't on hard drugs or mentally ill please.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Corey Y on April 04, 2012, 03:21:54 PM
If there were a similar sort of service for finding bandmates I'd wire someone a grand today.

Nothing fancy or expensive, don't need brand recognition. Just a drummer and guitarist that get the job done and aren't on hard drugs or mentally ill please.

I only accept sound city 120's in payment, sorry.

I usually don't buy these gain banger(nick's term,) but that's what these guys want, and I'm interested in having a bit of fun. Brands I can't afford: Framus/VHT/Freyette/Most Boogies, so far. I'mma find something tight. Last ditch effort? Block letter 5150.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

eddiefive10

VOLVO)))

Quote from: eddiefive10 on April 04, 2012, 03:33:10 PM
Does it have to be tube???

Most likely, I asked him about the Ampeg SS-140s, and the VH-140C, as well as the SS150, and he said he didn't like solid state. If I let him hear it, and never told him what it was, he wouldn't know the difference.

He plays hardcore, and doesn't want to use pedals. Take that however you will.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

MichaelZodiac

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 04, 2012, 03:40:47 PM
He plays hardcore, and doesn't want to use pedals. Take that however you will.
Actually I know a lot of hardcore dudes who reason like that. I always wonder if it is because they have shit in their ears or because they just don't know any better.

on topic: Good luck with the search!
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

mutantcolors

I never thought of 5150s as a last ditch effort. I have the 2x12 60watt combo and it's awesome, a little bright but that's manageable.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: mutantcolors on April 04, 2012, 03:58:12 PM
I never thought of 5150s as a last ditch effort. I have the 2x12 60watt combo and it's awesome, a little bright but that's manageable.

I was trying to think outside the box, maybe something a little booty-q or something at least different for the music style. Hey, COREY, how dirty does that Sound City get?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 04, 2012, 04:01:23 PM
Quote from: mutantcolors on April 04, 2012, 03:58:12 PM

I was trying to think outside the box, maybe something a little booty-q or something at least different for the music style. Hey, COREY, how dirty does that Sound City get?

maybe if u wine and dine me ill sell you my V4

eddiefive10

Can't get it to link from my phone but search on YouTube Ire- What Seed What Root they were an amazing band from Montreal both guitar players used a V4 with a Metal Zone in front of it and to this day I still think it is one of the best guitar sounds ever!!!

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 04, 2012, 02:42:24 PM
Quote from: grimniggzy on April 04, 2012, 02:40:16 PM

TWO dudes! hahaha. TWO dudes gave me a grand to buy shit with.

SAY SOMETHING

I plan on getting them both solid state Crates and Peavey cabs and keeping the rest for a coke binge.

One dude sounds like he wants a Rivera Knucklehead, and the other sounds like he wants a Marshall, so... I'M HUNTING.

Two dudes giving me a grand didn't work that way.  I woke up in a strange place with a bad taste in my mouth and a sore bottom.   ;)

Maybe I should have used you as a personal shopper instead of buying all kinds of crap on my own...

VOLVO)))

You ain't in love with the V4?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.