Restaurant blog

Started by RAGER, April 07, 2012, 03:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowdaddy

Fuckin grocery stores.  Bane of my existence.
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

RAGER

Slight menu change to add some happy hour options and a couple proteins then more of a menu change this fall like maybe mid October.  had to part ways with our brewer.  nothing wrong with his beer at all.  In fact I quite enjoy his beers just nothing signature worthy if you know what I mean.  We have a new guy lined up so we'll see if he works out.  It's not a full time job at the moment so hopefully he's flexible.
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

Does you wait staff say

"How's that tastin' for ya?"

Cause I want to kill waiters that say that.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

RAGER

i hope they don't say that but one of the servers that only works a couple days a week came to and asked if "pansetta" was a cheese.  And I said first off it's pronounced 'pan-chetta' (pancetta) and that it was bacon but better because it's italian.
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

the "is everything alright?" waiter inquiry is my only complaint about the Fave.  bro, I've been here 10 days in a row, it's about as fucking alright as you can get.  also, the question comes stealthier than a ninja in a coal mine and always .005 seconds after I've shoveled a huge mound of food into my yap.  one thing's for sure- if the dude ever asked "how's that tastin' for ya?", bindhi masala would shoot out my nose

RAGER

Off to clean the hood filters then to the farmers market to pick out some heirloom tomatoes for a salad special today with oregon coast albacore and kalamata olives.  then home for a nap and play guitar a bit then back at 3 until aboot 11.

/chefs life
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I am no longer involved in this venture.

/end restaurant blog
No Focus Pocus

mertzy

deleted account

sorry to hear, was looking forward to checking it out in March.  so was it too high-brow for the yokels?  I gotta say, I thought you were headed for trouble once you chucked the fat friers.  never underestimate the power of adding food to high-temperature fat.

speaking of high-brow, what's up with the adventures of lowdaddy?

RAGER

Oh the place is still there and running.  No money loss to me.  Just didn't agree on some things with the others.  But yes my stuff was too high brow and they don't know how to market that.  No biggie.
No Focus Pocus

I,Galactus

Srsly though, this:

Quote from: mertzy on October 20, 2012, 12:10:58 PMTheir loss!

Edit: forgot the tots.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

Pride is a powerful thing.  ^^and thanks :)
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: priest on October 22, 2012, 10:44:58 PM
sorry to hear, was looking forward to checking it out in March.  so was it too high-brow for the yokels?  I gotta say, I thought you were headed for trouble once you chucked the fat friers.  never underestimate the power of adding food to high-temperature fat.

speaking of high-brow, what's up with the adventures of lowdaddy?

Hey man doesn't mean we can't meet for a pint somewheres
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

get rid of the ranch and make it bleu cheese..then you got something..

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?