Is there any way to make boneless, skinless chicken breasts taste good?

Started by The Shocker, April 07, 2012, 04:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

Nice thick coat of paprika and grilled outside.  When cooled slice and use for kids lunches.  Much better than buying lunch meat and cheaper too.

The smoke and charred bits make it exciting.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

Yes on the smoked paprika, 'The Spice House' that you always see the chefs on Food TV visit is right down the block from us, they have 12 paprikas so I always have smoked and non-smoked.  It's awesome and they carry everything you could imagine....

What about cubing those chicken breasts and making some sort of Coconut/Curry thing?
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Ryno

I have used breasts, tenders and cutlets for this and all work pretty good.

Cut breast into strips, (or chunks, but strips or tenders work best), dredge in a bowl of beaten eggs, then coat with Panko crumbs. Bake on a flat sheet/cookie sheet for 15 mins, turn and bake for another 10 at 375-400.  I always season the shit outta the bread crumbs. And I add fresh black pepper to the beaten eggs.

Instead of eggs, I've also used a mayo/Dijon mustard mixture with a little olive oil to thin it out. Then coat with Panko and bake. It was also a good method. Panko turns out a little more golden and crispy but the mayo thing keeps me going back to the egg mixture.

As good as any fried chicken tenders but much better for you.

Oh yeah, and if you do the mayo route for binding the Panko crumbs, mix in some sriracha sauce or franks hot sauce for some interesting buffalo style strips.
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

I,Galactus

Marinate overnight:

6 chicken tits
2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs lemon and/or lime juice
1 tsp chili powder
dash o' salt and pepper

Grill.  Shred/dice.  Tacos!
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

mutantcolors

That looks awesome. I completely overlooked mentioning shredding them for taco filling as well. Boiling works well for that, doesn't take all that long either, maybe 8 minutes for 4 breasts in a pot. Shred with forks, mix in all yer flavors, tacogasm.