Main Menu

Parallel/Series Box

Started by dunwichamps, April 10, 2012, 08:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunwichamps

Occasionally people ask me about these things

So here is a version i am about to wire in an pharaoh sized enclosure which is metal, its about 20 bucks in parts. More than the plastic versions but it uses nice crap in it.

fuzzfarmer

I made a series box once.

I was under the impression, they needed to either have a plastic enclosure, or plastic jacks, or are those jacks isolated from the box..via the washers?

dunwichamps

Quote from: fuzzfarmer on April 10, 2012, 12:25:05 PM
I made a series box once.

I was under the impression, they needed to either have a plastic enclosure, or plastic jacks, or are those jacks isolated from the box..via the washers?

the Cliff Jacks are plastic and they are isolated from the enclosure. you could also do it with switchcraft jacks and isolation washers

dunwichamps

Quote from: apekillman on April 10, 2012, 09:25:40 PM
Inside pics?

soon, not yet wired up but ill supply the layout and pics when she is ready

Hemisaurus

is the wiring, put the jacks where the speakers are.

Hemisaurus

I like this style, you can make a matrix box. Short out the switched terminals on every jack, but the first one in each row, then wire the jacks in series. Then parallel up more rows of the same. That way you don't need a switch, and you can do rhings like series two 4 ohm cabs, and then parallel them with an 8, for 4 ohms ;D

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 10, 2012, 09:50:06 PM

I like this style, you can make a matrix box. Short out the switched terminals on every jack, but the first one in each row, then wire the jacks in series. Then parallel up more rows of the same.

im using jacks like that i believe

Hemisaurus

Well matrix style means you don't need to use all the jacks, whichever ones you plug into are used, long as you always start with the first one in each row ;D

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 10, 2012, 09:57:54 PM
Well matrix style means you don't need to use all the jacks, whichever ones you plug into are used, long as you always start with the first one in each row ;D

oh well didnt pay attention to that line just the jack picture.

grimniggzy

dunwichamps

grimniggzy

dunwichamps

Quote from: grimniggzy on April 10, 2012, 10:25:14 PM
seems handy.

yea esp for people with only 1 output tap on their amp.

My version uses a metal enclosure with plastic jacks instead of a plastic enclosure and metal jacks

Ayek

I built me one without the switch cause my amp only has 8/16 taps and both my cabs are 4 ohm. I used Neutric jacks similar to the ones in Hemi's pic, though for some reason they're not very tight on the plugs and I'm ascared that they're gonna unplug themselves. To appease my concern I'd duct taped the plugs in.

clockwork green

You selling any? My bass player could use one. His amp only has one speaker jack and it's 4/2 ohms but his cabs are all 8.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

dunwichamps

Quote from: clockwork green on April 11, 2012, 12:56:52 AM
You selling any? My bass player could use one. His amp only has one speaker jack and it's 4/2 ohms but his cabs are all 8.

yea just email me

dunwichamps@gmail.com