Main Menu

LP tuners

Started by bass sic, April 19, 2012, 09:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerX

Anyone who buys the skull tuners should just stab themselves in the nuts, instead.

It'll be a less emasculating experience. Cheaper, too.
Livin' The Life.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 20, 2012, 08:08:37 PM
Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 20, 2012, 08:02:57 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on April 20, 2012, 07:48:32 PM
Seriously, if anyone buys those skull tuners, I'm going to punch them in the nuts.
You're little girl fists aren't big enough, mate ;)

YOUR****
No, you are little girl fists  ;)

Seriously, the pointy guitar crowd, yet you don't dig skulls ???

VOLVO)))

That shit is gayer than a two-dollar bill.

Fuck skulls, and leather, and corpse paint.

Get some real tuners, not some gimmicky hot topic mallgoth tuners in gold.  ;D ;D ;D
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 20, 2012, 08:41:13 PM
That shit is gayer than a two-dollar bill.

Fuck skulls, and leather, and corpse paint.
Oh yeah, so how do you explain this pic on your Facebook profile?

VOLVO)))

That Mock is legit.

What model is that Carvin? I'm finna get one.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Yeah, it says MAN to me

as in you gotta find one  ;D

everdrone

hmm...  Im a little slow, please bear with me - I was wondering this too:

do locking tuners make a difference in keeping a guitar in tune at all?  or are they just for convenience in changing strings. I almost never change my strings, I dont strum hard. I just want my strings to stay in tune - I only use 8 gauge strings and tune to c# just like Iommi does, for my heavy rock music.  only tuners I have are on my relatively new gibson sg standard, and my 2006 Limited Edition Epiphone SG Standard G-400 with EMGs and chrome Grover tuners.

I was thinking about sperzels, but what would be the point?  prolly it is just adjusting the "nut" - neck setup and graphite.  Also, was thinking about getting chrome gibson tuners but that would be just for looks; would I need to drill new holes to install these in my black gibson sg standard?:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/gibson-modern-nickel-machine-heads-with-metal-buttons#review

clockwork green

Most locking tuners simply lock the string in the post so you don't need to wrap it around the post. They will still rotate so that part doesn't lock them in tune like a locking nut on a Floyd Rose.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Hemisaurus

I'm with whomever said use the ones that look like mini bass tuners, bass tuners are easy, cut the string of an inch or two from the post, poke it down the middle, fold it over 90 degrees, tighten.

No danglies, though I kind of like danglies, but oh well ;D

everdrone

Worthless Willie

Have you tried tightening the little screws on the top of each tuner?
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith