Started by deleted account, April 25, 2012, 06:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Late night tom yum..yum

No Focus Pocus

mutantcolors

Chovie D

sum young guy etc.

My  thai teacher just taught me all about pee-pee island...sounds like a nice place to have a poo-poo platter.
Bye Hong naam=i have to go to the bathroom
ching chong=childs word for pee-pee.
pum chop ching chong, arroy=I like piss, its delicious!

Lumpy

ting-tong = crazy

hong naam yu nai? = where is the bathroom?

naam = water
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Adam

Just got back from a trip to Vegas, where I always make sure I hit up my favorite Thai restaurant, Lotus of Siam. It never disapoints.

Chovie D

"naam = water"

thanks, that is useful!

MadJohnShaft

People really like that Vegas place eh?  Stellar reviews.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Adam

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on January 18, 2013, 10:14:51 AM
People really like that Vegas place eh?  Stellar reviews.

Deservedly so, IMO.

Its one of those hole in the wall type places where you get to and you question if you got the right place, then you try the food and all doubts are erased.

mertzy

Had pad see ew last night...mmmmmm.....

deleted account

^^that's my go-to if kee-mao isn't on the menu.  that and red curry

Lumpy

Pad See Ew isn't spicy... you try telling them "pet-pet" when you make your order. Pork Laab (ground pork salad) and Som Tam (green papaya salad), pet-pet. Get some sticky rice too. Report back.

Chovie D

Preist chop ching chong, arroy!

deleted account

me Chineese
me play joke
me put pee pee
in your Coke

yeezuz

hahahha why am i laughing like a racist

one of my husband's co-workers uses the n word in conversation so now we just call him the "nigger guy;" i have no idea what his actual name is.

ok so Thai food. this was how to get your bhatt's worth

Chovie D

chinese! japanese, pekinese, Look at these!!  (*) (*)

deleted account

got beef pad kee mao and catfish curry

dig the kick ass fish bowl

one bite of this was hot enough to make Shaft run screaming for mommy

and that was before fuckin' with this shit

Jor el

I thought you were vegan.
What Would Scooby Do ?

mutantcolors

At this point I might know something about Thai food.

I guess I could, like, take some pics of real shit and add 'em in here for reference. Maybe Tomorrow when I go get street chicken (gai, not kai) for lunch.

Y'all motherfuckers know about gai tod? Thais make a mean batch of fried chicken.

Lumpy

^^^So jelly...

Priest that catfish curry looks good. I like anything catfish.

I was reading a little bit about Thai food (Chow hound) and some people said that if you make the food 'too' spicy, you lose the balance. There's less subtle complexity. Also, if you (as a white person) make a point of asking for spicy, sometimes the jokers in the kitchen will be like "okay tough guy!" The spice caddies on the table are good, you can season your food the way you like. But fresh chiles are nice (in Som Tam, etc).

RAGER

I always call them the sauce corral.
No Focus Pocus

mutantcolors

On my walk to the store for some mixers this evening, I got dinner. I had nothing specific in mind, just whatever looked good. Tonight it was:

A bag or short ribs, two servings of sticky rice and tom yam "shew" as they say (shell, AKA oysters.)

Tom yam shell

All told I spent 130 baht, or about $4. I only ate half of it, maybe even less (and I eat big) so it was a $2 dinner. Pretty average for street food, which to me, is the part of Thai food that could never happen outside Thailand. These were all for sale on the sidewalk, the ribs cooking over an open bbq right then and there.

mutantcolors

Here is a street staple you'll likely never find far outside Thailand:

Oyster omelet. Batter and oysters meet an egg on a screaming hot griddle with bean sprouts,, cilantro, chives and a hit of sweet chili sauce to go on top. Crispy, savory, crunchy, juicy, meaty, steamin' ass hot and god damn delicious every time.

I think seafood here is not as well know as it is popular. I mean, BKK is ten miles inland from killer shrimp waters. And believe me, you can get shrimp anything.

Adam

Love Thai food, finally found a good local thai place. Took long enough, but better late than never.

Lumpy

They have Hoy Todt in some restaurants here (crispy oyster omelette). I haven't tried it yet. Thai food has gotten kinda trendy here lately ("real" Thai food). Pok Pok, Somtum Der, a bunch of newer places I can't remember the name of. Except it's not cheap here!!! Goddammit.

deleted account

I have yet to find a "cheap" Thai place.  I pretty much get the same two items every time and the bill is always $18 or more (that's if I don't also order beer or upgrage to shimp or seafood).  there are plenty of Chinese places wherein I can order the same amount of food that I do at Thai places and it'll be $10-$15. 

ate at a hoity-toit Thai place yesterday and it came to $22 and it wasn't even that good.  can you get to the bottom of this while you're over there, mc?