Main Menu

Pretty Pretty

Started by Hemisaurus, April 25, 2012, 09:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunwichamps

nice dynaco kit amp. a staple of stereo nostalgia

Hemisaurus

and, as you've told us many times, the building block for Sunn amps ;)

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 25, 2012, 10:18:32 PM
and, as you've told us many times, the building block for Sunn amps ;)

oh sorry if I said it too many times, i get excited

thats not a bad unit to make into a guitar amp.

Hemisaurus

assuming the reason the tubes don't glow is a blown fuse or broken connection, and not a blown heater winding.

is that a tube rectifier? if so shouldn't it at least glow, if it has it's own 5V winding? not familiar with Dynaco topology.

offers starting at $350 seem a mite high for me, you could get 'em a MOD kit for that, everything shiny new.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 25, 2012, 11:44:35 PM
assuming the reason the tubes don't glow is a blown fuse or broken connection, and not a blown heater winding.

is that a tube rectifier? if so shouldn't it at least glow, if it has it's own 5V winding? not familiar with Dynaco topology.

offers starting at $350 seem a mite high for me, you could get 'em a MOD kit for that, everything shiny new.

yup GZ34s I believe, or could be a GZ33 they have their own 5V winding on the PTs. No glow sounds like the heater winding is fucked since thats the usual glow people see on power up. A blown fuse and nothing would power up at all. Could just be a broken connection tho

You can get new kits with brand spankin new parts for cheap 2 so i unless u could score it cheap not worth it