How many Tele players we got?

Started by Ranbat, April 27, 2012, 10:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranbat

Glad the G&L stuff came up! I always forget about them because they aren't marketed heavily. I do have a local dealer, so maybe I should go play a couple this week.
Meh :/

I,Galactus

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 30, 2012, 09:30:27 PM
I accept amusing toys like pedals and stuff, but parts are also pretty amusing... is it a real bigsby..?

Whatever, PM me and we'll talk or dont, and we'll talk here. Hahaa.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

PM sent.   8)

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

dunwichamps

random crap tele playing for ya, 5 way switching on mine to series pickups through my EL34 SE amp

Instant Dan

So I want a good tele, which I don't have to upgrade a lot of parts, but I don't want to spend anymore than $400, what should I be looking at?

Hemisaurus

Xaviere, IMHO, as they already have GFS pickups and parts installed.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/XV-820-Single-Cutaway-Solid-Body_c_157.html

for $400, you can buy two ;D

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Instant Dan

Well looks like I know what I am getting here soon enough. ;D

showdown

Just got one of these, used:
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0327502506

It's actually pretty impressive for such a cheap guitar. The stock pickups are OK, a little muddy, but I have a JB and a PAF Pro around here somewhere :)

Worthless Willie

Quote from: Instant Dan on May 21, 2012, 07:51:33 PM
So I want a good tele, which I don't have to upgrade a lot of parts, but I don't want to spend anymore than $400, what should I be looking at?

Look  into the Squier Classic Vibe Teles.  Top-notch.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TeleCV50VB/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=guitars&utm_term=classic_vibe_telecaster_50s&adpos=1t1&gclid=CIy4vsuxlLACFVLCtgodnD0GrQ
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

Yankeegrey

Bought my first Tele in 1989 a purple American standard I will find a pic..

Yankeegrey

Has a new neck and put in some emg pups...

ogion

my main jamming guitar is a black tele blacktop, gutted and rebuilt of course with steel saddles. its the sh!t, i love it. also just finishing a tele partscaster in BSB. teles are awesome, im gassing for a 72 thinline now......

mortlock

Quote from: Yankeegrey on June 07, 2012, 10:39:28 PM

Has a new neck and put in some emg pups...
the purple tele is sweet. i want it.

hayseed

My Blacktop Tele with rosewood neck!
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Yankeegrey

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 30, 2012, 02:30:57 PM
Quote from: I,Galactus on April 30, 2012, 08:43:42 AM
I've got a black mexi tele that's my project for this year:

• pull poorly installed bigsby
  • pull shitty SD hot rails for tele
  • strip finish back to natural
  • new saddles and bridge plate probably
  • les paul style jack plate (hate that tele cup)

Gotta build a pedal board first and my budget and free time are both zilch so I sadly don't see it happening soon.  Love me some Tele' twang, tho.

Send it to me, y'fool! I'll do that shit for a little bit of nothing/new toys... Parts are cheap via guitarfetish, cheap enough that someone with no budget can do it. Deany can vouch for my work. No need to let that poor tele sit unused and unloved. Can I keep the parts? :D :D

Check out:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Electric_guitar:_Covers_plates/Electrosocket_Jack_Mount.html?renamed=true

He does great work, but he's a moody bitch.  I ride him pretty hard though.  :-*

Is a short scale tele still a tele?  I want one of those Rondo cheapos.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Jake

Just picked up a near mint one of these for next to nothing on CL (w/ hardshell case). It's got a factory route for a humbucker in the neck. Now I feel obligated to put one in.

Truth be told, mine looks a bit nicer than this pic. The red is much deeper in the tri-burst. Sexy.

poop.

grimniggzy

Nice, I'm down with the Squier lovin.

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

FrankenFretter

New guy here. I have a couple Teles, a Squier Tele Custom II, and a White Bridge Tele that I'm in the process of modding.

Funny how the dust shows up in the sunlight. That's just from a day or two of playing. by FrankenFretter, on Flickr

- Sean

clockwork green

So many bastardized Tele's.  I have a hard time calling anything without the classic lipstick neck pickup and flat, angled, single coil in the bridge a real Tele.  With that said there's this guy on ebay, MJT that does interesting Fender's a Telemaster and a Cabronita are the most interesting to me.  I've always liked those Filtertron pickups and a Tele with one seems like a good idea.  Just because it's a bolt on with a single-cutaway doesn't really make it a Tele.  That Slipknot guy with the dual EMG 81's is absurd.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Worthless Willie

Quote from: Jake on July 05, 2012, 06:31:33 PM
Just picked up a near mint one of these for next to nothing on CL (w/ hardshell case). It's got a factory route for a humbucker in the neck. Now I feel obligated to put one in.

Truth be told, mine looks a bit nicer than this pic. The red is much deeper in the tri-burst. Sexy.

I have one of those.  It's real nice.  They did a really good job on the whole Classic Vibe series.
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

rayinreverse

I have a squire 72 deluxe reissue, and the Fender version. For those that defend squire, I commend you, but the Fender mops the squire up in the tone and playability department.