Main Menu

When tragedy strikes!

Started by Ranbat, May 27, 2012, 07:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranbat

I thought about using some pickup rings I found on eBay that convert humbucker to single coil.
Meh :/

neighbor664

Quote from: Ranbat on August 09, 2012, 08:02:20 PM
So, here it is Glitter Blasted with the neck attached. I'm hoping to score some dogear P-90s, but was wondering if they'll cover the humbucker routes.

Get some humbucker sized p-90s from GFS.

Ranbat

Quote from: neighbor664 on August 09, 2012, 10:06:27 PM
Quote from: Ranbat on August 09, 2012, 08:02:20 PM
So, here it is Glitter Blasted with the neck attached. I'm hoping to score some dogear P-90s, but was wondering if they'll cover the humbucker routes.

Get some humbucker sized p-90s from GFS.

If I was going to hold onto it for any length of time I would. This is a lo-dough project to just try out the Krylon Glitter Blast paint. I bought the guitar for $5, sold the neck for $20 and the pickup that came with it for $2. Bought the Xaviere neck for $36. That puts me only $19 into this guitar. I have a Teisco I'm looking to drop their Fender style P-90s into though once I flip this.

Ranbat

I just need to wire it up, but this is pretty much the finished project. The dogear covers just barely cover the humbucker route. I had to move the bridge back for the new neck and the P-90s are Guitar Jones. Can't wait to play it!  ;D

Hemisaurus

+1 ;D

can we get a pic of the whole thing?

Ranbat

It's a Xaviere neck. I was looking at the unfinished ones on the GFS sight and this one popped up on eBay. The Guitar Jones pickups seem of decent quality build wise. I'll find out how it sounds this weekend.