Sunn is alive, and living in Brazil

Started by Hemisaurus, May 30, 2012, 07:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

The amps, not Jake ;D

I've been getting mailouts from these guys since they started, because I had dealings with their sister power-amp company. Anyhoo, yesterday I checked out their guitar amps, instead of the bass amps, and they are very fond of the 6550. They also make some of the worst sounding product demoes, but if you want a 300W tube guitar head, have a look.

http://meteoroamplifiers.com/en/guitarra.php

bitter

Weren't they the company that built the high wattage amps for the sepultura guys?
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

CowboyJakeB

They seem to have a couple of Andreas Kisser models, and list Paulo Xisto and David Vincent as bass users.

http://meteoroamplifiers.com/en/artistas_internacionais.php

never heard of them before though.

Hemisaurus

Yep, don't know if they ever netted Max Calavera though. ;)

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

mutantcolors

Hory Shfuck.
Kisser model:
-Output Power: 280 Watts RMS
-Preamp valves: 3 x ECC83/12AX7
-Power stage valves: 6 x Sovtek 6550

POW, RIGHT IN THE ANDREAS KISSER

ericsabbath

hey, guys
new brazilian fish here
had to register after reading this thread

stay away from those amps
the Andreas Kisser MAK 3000 and the MHA 2000 are both JCM 900 4100 Dual Reverb exact copies, except that they have 6550's and they are way more unreliable
the gain is solid state and even the pcb layouts were copied
my bandmate is an experienced amp tech and amp maker and had some of these and original jcm 900's on his bench
meteoro is the biggest amp brand in brazil, but they only make shitty ripoff amps, then they sell them for a fortune as original products, as import amps are way overpriced here (a peavey 6505 is around $2500 new, a jcm 800 2203 is around $4000)
Andreas is full of shit... I've seen Sepultura a couple times, and he actually uses a Mesa rig (triaxis + strategy + mesa cabs) and sometimes, real JCM 900 stacks (the triaxis still on stage as a backup)
he only has the Meteoro on tv shows and workshops