Saint Vitus/Dixie Witch - Houston,TX 05/31/2012 *shittay fotos*

Started by Instant Dan, June 01, 2012, 06:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instant Dan

This was their short tour for their new album. Some local Houston bands opened up. From Beyond is good, they sound like they could go in some cool directions with their next album but the EP is your standard doom affair. Venomous Maximus up next bringing the heavy sludge/thrash combo.

Dixie Witch is always a treasure to see live. Their new guitarist has really gelled well with the band and they almost sound tighter than they were with Clayton. All of their material was from their new album and they never missed one beat. That got the crowd excited and ready for Vitus.

Saint Vitus came onstage with Wino telling the crowd this was the first time for him with Vitus in Houston. They opened with Blessed Night and really just played the fan favorites (I Bleed Black, White Stallions, Look Behind you, etc.) and closed it with Born Too Late. Almost got shut down because of the shitty noise ordinance law in Houston and they were pissed at the promoter. Told the crowd they will be back in the fall on a national U.S. tour.

If anyone is in Austin tonight or Tampa tomorrow, go see them! You will not regret it.

Some shitty pictures from my phone.

Lumpy

Hey! Your phone pics are as good as my real camera pics! Good review.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

The Shocker

Instant Dan

He's been playing that V since Metalliance. Got, or getting, an endorsement from Schecter I suppose. Mark no longer plays his Thunderbird.